Images Sold in March (Max. 1 per day

26 minutes ago, Rick Lewis said:

Wim,

Why are all the people at the bottom end of the photo looking at you and laughing.  :D

Rick

Because they just spotted Superman ;-)

Actually, no it's the hen party that spotted my camera on a stick and started playing up to it. Probably thinking I was filming. Because of the noise they made, some of the other people looked around what was going on and then spotted it too.

Maybe I should mount a flashing light and a small siren on top. Hmm maybe not.

wim

11 hours ago, Rick Lewis said:

Sorry for being off topic, but, I looked at your images from your Egypt visit and it looks like you had an amazing trip. 

Rick

Pity we haven't got Private Messages anymore. So apologies for going off topic folks.

Yes, it was fantastic! It was top of my bucket list and somewhere I had always wanted to go to since I was a small boy. The other half didn't want to go to Egypt and everytime I said 'i'd love to go' she said 'you will have to go on your own' - so i did!!

I spent 2 days in Cairo doing touristy things like seeing the pyramids and the Egyptian museum, which was fantastic. They had only just lifted restrictions on taking photos in both the museum and also in some of the tombs otherwise I would have been very frustrated at not being able to take pics of some wonderful things.

Then 4 days on a Nile cruise with stops for many temples on the way (not got round to processing those images yet!).

It was a superb holiday, the people were very friendly and I always felt safe, probably because there were lots of security people about, especially at the busiest sites.

John.

Two sales of the same image today, one fee exactly half the other, although both quite smallish. Hoping both will "stick". This image was loaded March last year and today's licences are number 6 and 7 by Alamy + it's been licenced once elsewhere.

brown-sandfish-sea-cucumber-or-holothuri

This sale popped in this morning. Taken in the winners enclosure at a local Point To Point race a few years ago. This horse had just won a race, and every sinew in its body was bursting out. I had to take a picture. I know its not particularly a commercial image, especially as its monochrome,  and I never thought it would be a best seller, but its actually one of my favourite photos and its nice to see someone else seems to appreciate it. PU sale, so just enough for a couple of pints in it for me, but genuinely so happy it sold.

close-up-black-and-white-detail-of-a-race-horse-in-a-paddock-after-FTHWXW.jpg

This one today - Editorial, Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic, Print run: up to 10,000, Placement: Inside, Image Size: 1 page, Start: 16 March 2018, End: 16 March 2023, Duration: 1 year

Low £ - ho hum, it's a sale!

a-scene-from-the-masham-steam-engine-and

13 minutes ago, losdemas said:

.. for a price that wouldn't get your vodka glass washed, let alone filled!

Mmm, just had this one come in for the lowest I've ever sold for I think :( Certainly not flying high. Any other value related flying terms might not sadly be appropriate here in the UK at the moment :(

greek-f-16-flying-display-aircraft-with-special-paint-scheme-and-known-F314A4.jpg

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

Mmm, just had this one come in for the lowest I've ever sold for I think :( Certainly not flying high. Any other value related flying terms might not sadly be appropriate here in the UK at the moment :(

greek-f-16-flying-display-aircraft-with-special-paint-scheme-and-known-F314A4.jpg

Perhaps you would have got more for it if you hadn't uploaded it upside down!! :D;)

Archived