February over already?

Having been told that some overdue sales would be included in February I chased them up as still unreported to be told: "The month of February finished yesterday and due to the shorter length of the month the team have not long received the usage report so these uses haven’t been billed yet. The sales should appear within your account early this month." So no, February isn't over already!

3 sales for $18, $9, $9 

I am happy to have actually made sales after a huge lull since November but Just for comparison I got $ 330 on Just one microstock site for multiple sales, some big, some small. An unusually high month but nevertheless I couldn’t survive without it. I just wish Alamy got us better prices. 

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Having been told that some overdue sales would be included in February I chased them up as still unreported to be told: "The month of February finished yesterday and due to the shorter length of the month the team have not long received the usage report so these uses haven’t been billed yet. The sales should appear within your account early this month." So no, February isn't over already!

How long is overdue?  I have one outstanding uncleared sale from 17th November.

27 minutes ago, Sally said:

How long is overdue?  I have one outstanding uncleared sale from 17th November.

No worries.

October 4 is my oldest at the moment. Quite normal.

It's a lot less now than it used to be. Even distributor's sales clear within a couple of months nowadays. Well mostly.

wim

20 hours ago, Reimar said:

February is gone.  So is winter in Toronto, apparently.

Decent number of sales this month (17), but oh my goodness, very low amounts (down to $3.52 gross) for a total of $345.  Minus a refund of $115 from back in December.  Argghh!

Couldn't agree more, Reimar.

71 sales here, but only 1 in $$$ ($160); total gross $1778 - poorest average figures ever for me at $25/sale gross

Zooms good though at 239 with CTR of 0.67

Kumar (the Doc one)

A slow month, but still better than last February, so there is still plenty of hope for the year.

4 sales for $239.61 / $109.69  ( gross / net ).  High 149.00/74.50, low two presentations at 19.99/10.00

Much lower views and zooms with 2915 / 13 for a CTR of 0.45  (only slightly lower than average on the CTR).

Robert

52 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

31 for $1475

A bit above average.

3 refunds for $230 total.

7 distributor $12 - 234

24 regular $5 - 150

wim

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

Couldn't agree more, Reimar.

71 sales here, but only 1 in $$$ ($160); total gross $1778 - poorest average figures ever for me at $25/sale gross

Zooms good though at 239 with CTR of 0.67

Kumar (the Doc one)

Doc. it must be frustrating for you, when Wim can nearly achieve the same results with a tenth of the images and roughly half the sales. There's gotta be something Wim's not telling us. lol ;)

Ten for $655 (thus far!). Bit of an odd month. One sale $400, five low value web uses, just one PU (unusually low for me) and the balance book uses around $60. Zooms average. 

27 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Doc. it must be frustrating for you, when Wim can nearly achieve the same results with a tenth of the images and roughly half the sales. There's gotta be something Wim's not telling us. lol ;)

OK here's the real secret: I actually have a lot of rubbish images still.

Part of it is luck. AND I'm a lazy b*d. (Already in art school -ages ago- there were 2 opinions: he never sleeps/he always sleeps. Both were true of course.)

And then there's the law of diminishing returns: those 40 more that Doc sold, required a lot more effort over the years. So my hat off to Doc. But also to everyone selling just a few in very over-saturated markets. And let's encourage everyone who got naught this month.

Another real secret: allow yourself to be playful once in a while regularly.

wim

1 hour ago, Sultanpepa said:

LOL  :D.

Wim does a very good job of curating his collection and getting rid of poor images getting no views I suspect!  My hat's off to him as well!

I am no good at judging which images will sell and which wont, so so long as things are going OK I will just keep on with it since I am still enjoying it! (and the travelling!)

Just goes to show there's more than one way to skin a cat ( no insult to cats!)

Cheers

Kumar (the Doc one)

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

OK here's the real secret: I actually have a lot of rubbish images still.

Part of it is luck. AND I'm a lazy b*d. (Already in art school -ages ago- there were 2 opinions: he never sleeps/he always sleeps. Both were true of course.)

And then there's the law of diminishing returns: those 40 more that Doc sold, required a lot more effort over the years. So my hat off to Doc. But also to everyone selling just a few in very over-saturated markets. And let's encourage everyone who got naught this month.

Another real secret: allow yourself to be playful once in a while regularly.

wim

It's all play when you come right down to it, and sometimes playing too hard does nothing but wear you out. Surfers have the right idea. They follow the line of least resistance.

Total Views  : 613
Total Zooms  : 3
Total CTR  : 0.49

And one sale that came through on the 28th,  and a 160 images uploaded.  Slowly but surely. Given the number of hours I've spent here I still haven't earnt much more than one hours pay in my regular work.

Archived