Help needed with opinions on QC

Hello Filipp :),

Somehow the image dont want to show up :(.

But i can give you a general answer after being in the stock industry for 4 years. If you allready are doubting that the image is not sharp enough then it means that the image is not good enough for stock. The image should just be on max sharpness. Its not to be negative it is just what i experienced.Try to be save and use a image where you feel 100 percent comfortable with.

But i am very curious to see your image. Maybe send it to my private mail. mircovacca@live.nl. I will take a look for you :).

Filipp, it would be best if you placed your sample on a site that doesn't need it to be downloaded. That said from what I can see, they look passable to me, though a couple are little dark to my eye. I'm viewing them on a 27" calibrated iMac. Of course seeing all the image at 100% would be best, but I'd say they would pass QC.

They look sharp to me with the possible exception of the bottom one.

When Mirco refers to sharpness he doesn't mean software sharpening. That shouldn't be used.

OP, your image appears as a download which many may be nervous of.

Thank you!

Yes, these are not sharpened in any way. The download starts automatically, agree that maybe not the best way, but I hope people will get it still :)

Hi

They look fine to me. However, the bottom photo might look a little soft because it is not clear where your point of focus is. Therefore, an Alamy inspector who may have got out of the wrong side of bed might fail it.

Just my opinion.

Andy

Hi

They look fine to me. However, the bottom photo might look a little soft because it is not clear where your point of focus is. Therefore, an Alamy inspector who may have got out of the wrong side of bed might fail it.

Just my opinion.

Andy

+1 the last image does show a little softness, 

Regards

Craig

Hi

Just my opinion.

Andy

+1 the last image does show a little softness, 

Regards

Craig

Thank you, guys! I agree about the bottom one, just now I am sure I will not include it :) 

Images look sharp enough to me to pass QC. 

Dave

Thumbs up from me. All look good to go - best of luck!

Thank you! I decided to upload 3 first pictures, bottom one maybe later - to be 100% sure :)

Images look sharp enough to me to pass QC. 

Dave

>Thumbs up from me. All look good to go - best of luck!

Thank you! I decided to upload 3 first pictures, bottom one maybe later - to be 100% sure :)

Hi Filipp - last image looks a bit soft to me but rest seem OK. As I understand it you are required to upload at least 4 images but may load up to 10. Suggest you find some more pix to upload as this is the only time you will get feedback on each image. Good luck

dov

Hi Filipp - last image looks a bit soft to me but rest seem OK. As I understand it you are required to upload at least 4 images but may load up to 10. Suggest you find some more pix to upload as this is the only time you will get feedback on each image. Good luck

dov

Thanks, dov!

Too bad I didn't know about the 10 pictures, already uploaded 4 - now waiting for the answer from QC. 

dov

Thanks, dov!

Too bad I didn't know about the 10 pictures, already uploaded 4 - now waiting for the answer from QC. 

That's fine. Alamy just want to see four pin-sharp pix for the first submission...

looks a bit soft to me but rest seem OK. As I understand it you are required to upload at least 4 images but may load up to 10. Suggest you find some more pix to upload as this is the only time you will get feedback on each image. Good luck

dov

10???

For your “test” submission, please send FOUR images. Once your “test” submission has passed Quality Control (QC) you can send as many as you like. 

Dave

Congratulations, and welcome to Alamy.

Now start shooting and building your collection.

Dave

I do need to shoot a lot now, Dave. I have many great pictures which will never pass QC because shot with a crappy lens :D

Filipp,

I'd just like to say how refreshing it is to see someone who's asking for advice on IQ and QC providing carefully prepared 100% crops. The amount of discussion threads that are wasted on "Is this image sharp enough?" when the image posted is barely 50%.

As a result your images and the opinions of other contributors have served as a useful "benchmark" allowing me to check if my opinion of "are they sharp enough" agreed with the opinions others. I was pleased to find I'd formed the same opinion as many. The first three look absolutely fine, the 4th looked slightly more marginal.

Welcome to Alamy and good luck. I've positively voted your original post.

Archived