It's exactly two years since I checked in here.
Two years of hard work, although with minimal impact, I think this has many reasons, the key words and up to the negative place of residence, but these reasons do not stop me, I still try to move forward with the improvement of my portfolio.

Therefore, any advice from you on improving the portfolio and ways to improve the visibility of my work will be useful.
Thankful in advance for the feedback and constructive criticism!

The photos with glamourous young women look a bit dated so I would dump them in a separate pseudonym.

You could also cut down on similars in the rest of your port.

You've a lot of good photos, but you need a decent search rank for buyers to see them.

Rob.

14 minutes ago, Robert Convery said:

The photos with glamourous young women look a bit dated so I would dump them in a separate pseudonym.

You could also cut down on similars in the rest of your port.

You've a lot of good photos, but you need a decent search rank for buyers to see them.

Rob.

Robert, I understand you, so I have a photo with models for a long time in a separate pseudonym, only a few mostly.
Here the forum shows a generalized amount.
Thank you for your feedback!

Sorry to hear of your illness. Try looking at the threads of what has sold to get a better idea of the needs of a mainly editorial agency. As others have suggested I would cut down on the number of similars and imagine where an image you are taking could be used.

16 minutes ago, Joe Gaul said:

Sorry to hear of your illness. Try looking at the threads of what has sold to get a better idea of the needs of a mainly editorial agency. As others have suggested I would cut down on the number of similars and imagine where an image you are taking could be used.

Yes, in vain I wrote about the disease, I still do not have time. Let it be as it is. And about who and where my photos may be needed, it's hard to understand the buyer, sometimes what they buy does not fit in my head.

Why do you have over 100 images of "Colorful abstract macro background with oil drops in water"?  They are all almost the same.  One, maybe two is enough.  Also, in the past you were told that those images of chicks posing for the camera in skimpy clothes, doing nothing, don't really sell but you continue submitting the same images.  You should follow the recommendation given to you instead of posing the same questions every 6 months or so.

What tarsier special said, why ask for advice if you're not going to follow it.

I'm sorry to read about your illness, and wish youi well; but Alamy is not a get-rich-quick scheme, and it wouldn't be my first choice if I needed to make money urgently.

I see in your OP that you recognise your keyword problems. You've been told about them often enough, but you choose not to follow the advice.

At this moment, your very last photo showing is a tomato splashing into a glass of water.

Bracketing for the moment the beautiful pics of tomatoes splashing into water which are already on Alamy (have you looked? Why would a buyer choose your photo rather than those already supplied?), your keywords are terrible.

It's just a tomato splash, but you have spammed keywords which are totally irrelevant, like autum, background, cherry (maybe meant to be 'cherry tomato'?), cut, farm, farmer, farming, garden, gardener, green, black, group, harvest, heirloom (maybe an heirloom tomato, but that's not apparent), kitchen, life, organic (maybe true, but not relevant to the image), summer, texture, tray, variety, vegetarian, yellow - and some more keywords which are marginal for your image.

Every one of these irrelevant keywords could harm your Alamy Rank and push you down in the search, and worse could harm all of us because buyers don't like to see irrelevant images in their searches.

Think and be honest: if you are looking for a photo of a farm, or a gardener or a kitchen, do you want to see a tomato splashing into water?

You have lots of photos which are unlikely to sell (says she!!!). As I've said before, you'd be far better to spend your time going back over your existing files and clean up the keywords.  What you have just now will harm your Rank and push you to the back in searches.

5 hours ago, tarsierspectral said:

Why do you have over 100 images of "Colorful abstract macro background with oil drops in water"?  They are all almost the same.  One, maybe two is enough.  Also, in the past you were told that those images of chicks posing for the camera in skimpy clothes, doing nothing, don't really sell but you continue submitting the same images.  You should follow the recommendation given to you instead of posing the same questions every 6 months or so.

4 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I'm sorry to read about your illness, and wish youi well; but Alamy is not a get-rich-quick scheme, and it wouldn't be my first choice if I needed to make money urgently.

I see in your OP that you recognise your keyword problems. You've been told about them often enough, but you choose not to follow the advice.

At this moment, your very last photo showing is a tomato splashing into a glass of water.

Bracketing for the moment the beautiful pics of tomatoes splashing into water which are already on Alamy (have you looked? Why would a buyer choose your photo rather than those already supplied?), your keywords are terrible.

It's just a tomato splash, but you have spammed keywords which are totally irrelevant, like autum, background, cherry (maybe meant to be 'cherry tomato'?), cut, farm, farmer, farming, garden, gardener, green, black, group, harvest, heirloom (maybe an heirloom tomato, but that's not apparent), kitchen, life, organic (maybe true, but not relevant to the image), summer, texture, tray, variety, vegetarian, yellow - and some more keywords which are marginal for your image.

Every one of these irrelevant keywords could harm your Alamy Rank and push you down in the search, and worse could harm all of us because buyers don't like to see irrelevant images in their searches.

Think and be honest: if you are looking for a photo of a farm, or a gardener or a kitchen, do you want to see a tomato splashing into water?

You have lots of photos which are unlikely to sell (says she!!!). As I've said before, you'd be far better to spend your time going back over your existing files and clean up the keywords.  What you have just now will harm your Rank and push you to the back in searches.

I heard you. Thank you.

5 hours ago, tarsierspectral said:

Wanted to ask more about the chickens that are posing for the camera doing nothing, will they buy it or not, for example - JM5MXF, HXPXWE, HEEJF9
However, we bought, it turns out that someone else needed it.

29 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

By the way, I do not want to enter into a discussion about the key words, because I know my problems in this, but the tomato, which you mentioned, the brand of it is exactly called, at least in my country, therefore, those key, and not at all the fact that the buyer will choose from the pictures that are already in the database, and why not from the new !?
If this is the way to go about it, then you should not download anything new, because all directions have already been downloaded.

1 hour ago, Gennadii Rybalov said:

Wanted to ask more about the chickens that are posing for the camera doing nothing, will they buy it or not, for example - JM5MXF, HXPXWE, HEEJF9
However, we bought, it turns out that someone else needed it.

JM5MXF On this photo you have a good amount of copy space and a woman has a pleasant face and is normally dressed.  I can see this image being appropriate for many uses

HXPXWE this a conceptual image that can illustrate quite a few things

HEEJF9 I can see this on a funny xmass card for example

I have to think hard to think of a use for M0K94K for example.

2 hours ago, Gennadii Rybalov said:

By the way, I do not want to enter into a discussion about the key words, because I know my problems in this, but the tomato, which you mentioned, the brand of it is exactly called, at least in my country, therefore, those key, and not at all the fact that the buyer will choose from the pictures that are already in the database, and why not from the new !?
If this is the way to go about it, then you should not download anything new, because all directions have already been downloaded.

It's unclear to me from your keywords what that "brand" of the tomato is.

Also, if I wanted a picture of that specific type of tomato why do you think I would like a picture of it splashing into a bowl of water?  Is this what people normally do with these types of tomatoes?  Throw them into water?  

On 2/9/2018 at 01:41, Gennadii Rybalov said:

It's exactly two years since I checked in here.
Two years of hard work, although with minimal impact, I think this has many reasons, the key words and up to the negative place of residence, but these reasons do not stop me, I still try to move forward with the improvement of my portfolio.

Therefore, any advice from you on improving the portfolio and ways to improve the visibility of my work will be useful.
Thankful in advance for the feedback and constructive criticism!

What's this "negative place of residence"???  That makes no sense and is a poor excuse.  

Two simple reasons why you are not doing well, you have wrong kinds of images with bad keywords.  It's as simple as that. 

3 hours ago, tarsierspectral said:

It's unclear to me from your keywords what that "brand" of the tomato is.

Also, if I wanted a picture of that specific type of tomato why do you think I would like a picture of it splashing into a bowl of water?  Is this what people normally do with these types of tomatoes?  Throw them into water?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_tomato

3 hours ago, tarsierspectral said:

What's this "negative place of residence"???  That makes no sense and is a poor excuse.  

Two simple reasons why you are not doing well, you have wrong kinds of images with bad keywords.  It's as simple as that. 

Everyone knows what impact it has on my country, this is reflected in me. Just do not convince me otherwise, I myself see.

1 hour ago, Gennadii Rybalov said:

I know what cherry tomato is. What I said is that from your keywords it’s hard to tell that cherry implies cherry tomato. If you had “Cherry tomato” in the title then it would be clearer.  I bet that image shows up when one searches for “cherry” which is wrong. 

But having said all that, who cares if it’s a cherry tomato or some other kind of tomato since you can’t even tell from the photo.  

40 minutes ago, funkyworm said:

I think you may be correct, but not in the way you mean. If I look at some of your images, particularely of the young ladies, they seem to be aimed at the Russian market... which is not a surprise as it is probably your main reference as to what sales...

However... whilst I have sold a few images through Alamy to Russia it is not their main market.

To take the example of the lady painting. Full make up... well, maybe, I was taking images last week of sportswomen getting covered in mud, and many of them were wearing full make up. However when painting most people would take precautions not to get paint on the furniture beyond and probably wouldn't wear their best dress. I was painting a door this morning, I didn;t wear an expensive dinner jacket but an old jumper and jeans which it didn;t matter if they got paint on them. Not being a lady I cant really speak for them but I am guessing that most would wear an old back to front shirt to painting and not their best frock they'd usually wear to  attend a plush party in.

BTW I like your fruit and veg shots, its just that just like the stereotypical jumping goldfish shot, there is a lot of competition. Also the toys... you can illustrate a lot with a few props.

I see a lot of consistency in you, thank you, useful!

35 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I'd like to see more ordinary images of shops, streets, buildings, transport, farms, factories, products, churches, food, tourism, environment, pollution, etc etc especially if you can illustrate global subjects such as global warming, sustainability, globalisation ( fast food chains?) 

I think you would get better sales than the glamour, concept style of photography which has been done so many times and could be anywhere. 

My suggestion would be to concentrate more on where you live and take pictures that other Alamy contributors cannot easily take.

I understand what you mean, but now unfortunately there is no possibility to expand the places and subjects of the pictures, since I hardly leave the house. God will give and I will have the opportunity to implement these ideas, but now there is no possibility, I am satisfied with what I have.

Archived