Sign in to follow this  
sph

QC and submission process

To avoid having a lot of photos rejected due to one in the bunch not passing QC  I have been dividing my photos up into 5-6 per submission and making several submissions.  Each submission has been given a number.   Now I find that may not work, as two recent submissions were rejected due to one photo in one of them not passing QC because of the camera I used.   I don't think this is fair, to reject all the submissions made on the same day.  And I have no idea how long I have to wait to avoid having future submissions rejected.  Anyone run into this??? 

I have found recently that Alamy QC are doing a fantastic job of quick review times, so I only submit one entry per day and wait for that acceptance before sending another batch normally this is less than 24 hours. I also tend to limit my submission size to twenty photos on average these days and really check them thoroughly. My smallest sensor size is a Sony RX10 and Sony RX100 I would not try anything smaller than a “one inch” sensor.

It has always been like this. It is Alamy policy and makes sense for the Alamy model where they don't QC for content, just basic technique. If a submission fails, then all subsequent submissions fail. I guess it is to prevent people submitting substandard material that needs to be checked by a QC person thereby potentially wasting a QC person's time (not good business practice). It stops people playing the system by making numerous submissions. You have said it yourself really "To avoid having a lot of photos rejected due to one in the bunch not passing QC  I have been dividing my photos up into 5-6 per submission and making several submissions."

Looking at your photos, you have some nice pics and you should not really be afraid of failing QC. It is simple really - get your basic technique right (presumably you have) and use gear that is fit for purpose. Don't submit pictures taken on substandard gear if that is what Alamy is telling you. 

EDIT: Just a thought from looking at your images in relation to your post and wondering why you should be worried about failing QC. A lot of your images are a bit too dark (not reaching the white end of the histogram where they should be) suggesting either you have your screen too bright and/or you are consistently underexposing in camera - this is not related to potential QC failure as they are not too far off but it is an obvious and definite tendency so worth thinking about. 

Edited by MDM