Stop changing zoomed pictures in AIM when hitting left/right cursor key

Matt Ashmore

I keyword and caption in Alamy Image Manager.

I quite often click on an image and "zoom in"  (i.e. I click the magnifying glass with a '+' symbol) so I get a better view of the image when I'm keywording.

Quite often I make typos when writing my caption or keywords so my natural instinct is to press the left/right cursor key to move to the position in the text that I am typing that I want to correct... but in AIM it doesn't move the cursor.. it moves to another zoomed image, to an image I probably haven't even selected to caption/keyword. This is so annoying!!!! 

If I don't "zoom in" a picture while keywording, pressing the cursor keys has the effect that I would expect... it moves the cursor within the text that I am editing.

Please change this behaviour so that hitting the cursor keys actually moves the cursor position in the text and doesn't change the image zoomed.

I didn't know it was possible to do that. I usually open the images in another window (preview on a Mac) direct from my files if I need to look closer.

Actually I now keyword (tag) in LR only making the odd change or addition in AIM.

Allan

Just tried your method and see what you mean. Damned annoying.

ITMA

I also try to keyword in LR as much as I can as the many comments about people having difficulty with the new AIM seem to have been a waste of breath!

ALAMY, your keyword panel hurts my eyes when I am trying to read the greyed out text. It puts me off uploading here.

I have found one solution to the greyed out tags. Since they are impossible to read I use my laptop on my lap and tilt it back to make everything darker. Wouldn't it be lovely if I didn't have to contort myself to use the batch keywording in the Image Manager. Am I bitter? Yes.

Paulette

On 26/01/2018 at 16:35, Matt Ashmore said:

I keyword and caption in Alamy Image Manager.

I quite often click on an image and "zoom in"  (i.e. I click the magnifying glass with a '+' symbol) so I get a better view of the image when I'm keywording.

Quite often I make typos when writing my caption or keywords so my natural instinct is to press the left/right cursor key to move to the position in the text that I am typing that I want to correct... but in AIM it doesn't move the cursor.. it moves to another zoomed image, to an image I probably haven't even selected to caption/keyword. This is so annoying!!!! 

If I don't "zoom in" a picture while keywording, pressing the cursor keys has the effect that I would expect... it moves the cursor within the text that I am editing.

Please change this behaviour so that hitting the cursor keys actually moves the cursor position in the text and doesn't change the image zoomed.

Matt, I have found this too, very annoying!! Why would you want to move to another image when editing text for typos etc? How it's set up it doesn't make sense and is not intuitive - like a lot of AIM unfortunately.

John.

Yes that's caught me out a few times too. It catches you unawares until it dawns on you what's happened. Also the Mandatory and Optional selection should be on the same scrollable window. ie All viewable at the same time to facilitate copy and paste for location. 

I just tagged 25 images with "St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly" from location. When I checked the location it said "st. mary's Hall", so I had to find the ones that were wrong, delete location, then reselect the correct location. Very annoying!

Archived