QC some questions

Hi,

Have some questions mostly about 'QC'  (failed the first QC due to  Excessive similars, "Series of similar images with almost identical compositions or only slight differences").

• I expect /hope that most of it is a automated checking process?

Just curious as a developer

• If you failed on an image, does that mean that the images before that image  passed all 'alamy-qc-failure-reasons.pdf'?

Nice to know, and will re-read again the qc pdf if it is not true. Before i try to upload the second time.

• Is 'Excessive similars' for only the submission in one batch, of for every photo you upload (you're gallery)?

Red a post while searching for 'Excessive Similars' about it to save it for future submissions.

• 'Image Option' Opt in, is that in already in use?

I think what would be great is to  have manual image options, that allows identical compositions, with differences e.g. mono, color, etc. And when some one searches for bird mono or bird blueish, it could show the most relevant image option. 

Kind regards 

13 hours ago, cheramu said:
  • I expect /hope that most of it is a automated checking process?

Just curious as a developer

At Alamy, I get the impression it's all done manually.

• If you failed on an image, does that mean that the images before that image  passed all 'alamy-qc-failure-reasons.pdf'?

Nice to know, and will re-read again the qc pdf if it is not true. Before i try to upload the second time.

No. Alamy randomly pick images to QC.. they don't look at every image. But if one image in the batch fails, they all fail. This is common practice in other industries. If they checked every image, QC would take much longer and be much more expensive which would ultimately effect what we as contributors get paid.. so it's a balance.

Since you have no images showing I assume it was your first submission that failed. On the first submission all images are checked and any that failed have a reason for failure so any with no reason stated have actually passed.

Paulette

I think what would be great is to  have manual image options, that allows identical compositions, with differences e.g. mono, color, etc. And when some one searches for bird mono or bird blueish, it could show the most relevant image option. 

Kind regards 

As alamy is mainly an editorial picture library, I believe customers would tend to be looking for specific bird species, rather than doing general searches for "bird mono, bird blueish" etc.

Maria

You will be doing your own keywording so you can do what you want at that time. One option would be to use a nonsense tag in all and explain in additional information that people can see different versions using that search word. You can put the reference numbers of the other versions in your keywords.

Paulette

Thanks for all the answers. The last question was more about the additional revenue Image Option where you can opt in. I was wondering if it is already in use and of manual version of that would make sense.

From the documentation

What is Image options?

We’ll offer customers variations of the images you provide to give them a greater choice, for example creating an additional black and white version of a coloured image could be an image option in the future.

Passing the initial new contributor "test" QC is different to your future strategy as an accepted contributor, your best advice was from John Morrison just send three or four totally different subjects pin sharp (downsize if necessary), well exposed i.e. your best work. Get approved then send similars or whatever you think your future strategy will be. Best of Luck! 

Archived