geogphotos

Alamy Regions

I have downloaded my spreadsheet of sales to try and get organised for DACS. There is a column for Region which includes EU, ROW, UK, USA

So I select all the UK sales intending to remove everything except books and mags.

What about ones like this listed as UK Region but for a Worldwide sale?

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 25,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 31-October-2017 ; End: 31-October-2027 ; 

Additional Details: Print run: 30,000.

UK

As I understand it Worldwide sales are no good for DACS, so what is this and why is it listed as UK?

And how do I know if it is a print and/or e-book?

How else can genuine UK DACs relevant sales be isolated?

Edited by geogphotos

Or this:

Country: Central America and Caribbean ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Textbook - print only ;  Industry Sector: Non Profit/ Education ; Sub-Industry: Further Education ;  Print run: up to 50,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-February-2005 ; End: 01-February-2008

UK

I might be being a bit cynical but why would Alamy want to make it easy for you to collect your DACS payment when what they really want to do is collect it for you and take a share?

38 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

I might be being a bit cynical but why would Alamy want to make it easy for you to collect your DACS payment when what they really want to do is collect it for you and take a share?

Nothing about it is easy, but I do expect to be provided with accurate information.

Surely, that is Alamy's part of our contract and a reasonable expectation of what we should get for the 50% commission they make on our images.

As it is I am looking at information on sales in the 'UK region' that DACs tell me is not acceptable for a claim.

Edited by geogphotos

The licence is worldwide. The publisher is in the UK.

I send DACS my entire sales report every year along with screen shots, as I was told to do in 2013 and they haven't complained yet. They pick through it.

Is this bit new? I thought that previously we simply claimed for the Max or whatever the appropriate band was ie) 181 or more, now we are asked to specify how many more.

Same thing for Mags. 

I0000O..6p9_KXkY.jpg

39 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I send DACS my entire sales report every year along with screen shots, as I was told to do in 2013 and they haven't complained yet. They pick through it.

If as above the book is sold in central America and Caribbean how does that produce secondary rights through copying and licences?

41 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Okay thanks I'll do that. 

20 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Okay thanks I'll do that. 

If you like I'll put the email exchange I had with DACS on the geogphotos contact form.

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

If you like I'll put the email exchange I had with DACS on the geogphotos contact form.

That would be very kind of you

More simple - geogphotos@gmail.com

The answer I had today was that I couldn't claim for Worldwide 

Unfortunately you can only claim for UK publications. This is due to the revenues coming from UK collective licensing schemes only. These collective licensing schemes  do not cover worldwide publications

Ah well.

No problem, I'll send that on. I'd obviously got a mistaken impression about UK/worldwide but DACS seem to cope with what I send. I should point out that I have many fewer publications- fewer than 20.

All I really need to know is the overall number of Alamy images of mine used in DACs eligible UK books and mags since my first sales in 2003. 

For a couple of reasons the spreadsheet does not make this information fully available.

Edited by geogphotos

I only include book and mag sales that have UK in the "Region" column, delete everything else.

49 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I only include book and mag sales that have UK in the "Region" column, delete everything else.

Yes me too. Order the spreadsheet file into alphabetic order, remove all non-UK, then order the use column and work through the ones that aren't eligible.