Lightroom keyword bug

I had the temerity to try and scroll down my list of LR keywords today, and encountered the dreaded keyword bug, you can only go so far and then the you can't scroll any further, in my case down the alphabet to around D.  I wanted to delete an incorrect keyword beyond D. This problem is documented and apparently an acknowledged, but unfixed bug. Any workarounds available?

Never heard of this but I keep my keywords group under higher level (hierarchical) keywords. You could try searching in the search box at the top of the Keyword List - I expect that will work. 

Apparently this is an old Windows bug. 

2 hours ago, CHP said:

I haven't encountered this bug, but can you use the search box to go directly to the keyword you want to delete or at least shorten the list?

Clarence

Thanks  Clarence, I've tried searching for the keyword in "Click here to add keywords" and deleting it, but that only deletes it from the search box, not from the keyword list. Maybe there is another search mechanism that I am unaware of? 

2 hours ago, MDM said:

Never heard of this but I keep my keywords group under higher level (hierarchical) keywords. You could try searching in the search box at the top of the Keyword List - I expect that will work. 

Apparently this is an old Windows bug. 

Long standing and never fixed, apparently! Lots of unhappy people out there.

I tried to group the keywords hierarchically when I encountered this bug, but it's probably too late in the day, as I already have all of the  potential high level words as keywords, and, it appears that it is  not possible to re-use an existing keyword at the top level.

Let this be a warning to all other Lightroom bodgers ( who like me only look for instructions when you can't work it out for yourself), don't build up a mega keyword list without first structuring the list hierarchically :huh:

1 hour ago, CHP said:

If you open up the section called "keyword list" there is a box called "Filter Keywords"; thats the one to use.

Clarence

That is also what I meant by the search box - I just noticed that it says filter keywords.

Archived