Sultanpepa

Slow month? 2018

Thought I'd start a new thread for this too. There's been suggestions of an algorithm update and I don't know if there has been or not but after a good December for sales (17) we're now nearly half way through the month without a single one. It's quite depressing really. I haven't had a blank month in a few years when portfolio was smaller. I'm hoping this isn't the way it's going to be in 2018. Anyone else having a slow month? There may be a perverse satisfaction to be had if I know I'm not the only one. ;) 

Douglas, there's no need for pessimism. Not yet. We're not half way through the month. Normally my sales come in earlier than most shooters who are based in the UK.  As I posted in the other thread on this subject, I have 11 sales this month so far. 

Since we have no control over sales, I like to focus on production, where we do have control. 

Edo

Edited by Ed Rooney

Zooms are up for me but no sale yet this month.  I know I've a small port but I'm averaging 3 per month now so should have had one at this stage.

5 modest ones, momentum apparently keeping up but I'm not enumerating my domestic fowl yet.

Same here no sales and only one zoom so far! whey down, just hope things pick up.

Yes, very slow.  3 sales this month.  Normally have more by the 13th of the month.  Only 3 zooms.  It seems that there is a group of contributors who are doing well for a while and a group that is not doing so well, then supposedly the search algorithm changes and the ones who were doing well are all of the sudden not doing so good, but the ones who were doing bad are doing much better all of the sudden.  At least that's what I noticed with myself.  I was doing great the last half of last year, then someone asked if the search algorithm changed and I all of the sudden I have miserable sales but a lot of people are happy saying that the 2018 is off to a great start.

I know my port is tiny in comparison to many here, but I've already had 9 zooms this month which is a record for me (but no sales).

However, most of my zooms never turn into sales so I'm not keeping my hopes up. ;)

My views and zooms were right down over the Xmas/New Year period so, not surprisingly perhaps, a slow start to the month. Only two sales to date, but zooms gradually building up. Can't imagine it's going to be a great month overall, but you never can tell.

1 hour ago, tarsierspectral said:

Yes, very slow.  3 sales this month.  Normally have more by the 13th of the month.  Only 3 zooms.  It seems that there is a group of contributors who are doing well for a while and a group that is not doing so well, then supposedly the search algorithm changes and the ones who were doing well are all of the sudden not doing so good, but the ones who were doing bad are doing much better all of the sudden.  At least that's what I noticed with myself.  I was doing great the last half of last year, then someone asked if the search algorithm changed and I all of the sudden I have miserable sales but a lot of people are happy saying that the 2018 is off to a great start.

I might be one of those. Much better month for me so far, with 12 zooms and 4 sales (and I know that there are two more still to be reported), the latter my most ever.

A disappointing two weeks to start the year off for me too.  One sale and one refund (although the sale was much larger than the refund, but still).

I don't have the stamina to keep testing the search algorithm for changes - I'm just going to carry on and hope for the best.

Zooms are increasing back to above normal levels as the month progresses.

Sales are running slightly above for this time of the month but it's far too early to make a judgement on things being slow.

Sales so far this month are from zooms going back a few months so any change in any algorithm has not affected either my sales or positioning of test images.

Craig

A little below average for me but maybe typical for January. Last year February was my best month ever so here's hoping. 

Three sales - but one refunded!  So sizing up to be about par for me.  Zooms average.

Well, yes and no. I had no zooms, no sales and very low views this month until the 11th. Then I had 1 zoom and 3 sales at the end of this week?! It never rains but it pours....

Not paying too much attention to zooms to be honest, most of my sales aren't zoomed first.

Yup, same here. One small sale but I also have a small portfolio here so there's that....

Very slow indeed after a good December. Only one small sale and a fistful of zooms so far in 2018.

Started slow with no sale till yesterday. 4 at once.

Apparently most of my sales are reported thursdays and fridays. Zooms below average. views way below, but think it brought up my CTR, (for now)

Relative only to my own stats, I already have more $$ than in seven eight of the months of 2017, though I'm still below Alamy's stated average rpd.

Zooms are well down, though.

Edited by Cryptoprocta
I didn't notice that Jan 17 isn't on the 1 year chart (as it shouldn't be!)

Horrible so far for me. I distributor sale, one zoom. 

Very unusual. I’m waiting for my “clump”. I think I’ll get several at once.

Small port = views are up, no zooms, no sales, CTR tanking.  :huh:

Rick

Lowly $2 RM license for me. Fellow starving artists can meet me at the breadline :D

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Brasilnut said:

Lowly $2 RM license for me. Fellow starving artists can meet me at the breadline :D

That's $2 more than me at the moment :)

But my zooms are doing quite well and my CTR has shot up this month.  So I'm hoping this spike in activity will also translate into a bunch of sales eventually.

Maria

I too was thinking it's a slow month with only 6 sales so I looked back at January 2017.  By this stage of the month I had sold 10 but for the same $$$$ as this month's 6.  I then looked at the whole month and I had 43 sales for the most $$$$ of 2017.

I am not giving up hope yet.

Pearl

• Like 1