Sorry, but we couldn’t find any matches

Hello all, I am very new here and few days ago passed QC on my first 3 images.. 

After receiving green light from Alamy yesterday, I rushed to name and tag my photos.

Today I've tried to search using title of my photos & tags but receiving same message:

Sorry, but we couldn’t find any matches

Another issue is that I keep seeing one of my photograph is adapting another photograph tags. Why so and how this is happening? I spotted same issue last night and had to retag it all but today seems like all unwanted tags are back again :( 

How and why is this happening? What do I do wrong? 

I suspect that you're not deselecting images in the Image Manager before selecting the next one to tag. If you select one or images and tag it/them, then select some more, all the images will then receive any further tags you add. You have to deselect the first batch before tagging the second.

Alan

The database only updates once a day so there is a lag before you have your tags working in searches. Lovely photos. A baby sheep is called a lamb so that should be in your tags.The image manager can be very frustrating so it may take a while to get comfortable and remember to deselect an image after you have finished working with it. Also be sure to save.

Paulette

5 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

I suspect that you're not deselecting images in the Image Manager before selecting the next one to tag. If you select one or images and tag it/them, then select some more, all the images will then receive any further tags you add. You have to deselect the first batch before tagging the second.

Alan

Thank you Alan, and after another try last night seems like all tags got in to the right place and now everything is fine.. 

Maybe my tags got duplicated because that at some point I selected 2 images and all tags become grey. After I aded 2 more tags for both pictures simultaneously and only additional tags become black instead of grey. So I guess tagging 2 images after each was already tagged is not so good idea? 

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

The database only updates once a day so there is a lag before you have your tags working in searches. Lovely photos. A baby sheep is called a lamb so that should be in your tags.The image manager can be very frustrating so it may take a while to get comfortable and remember to deselect an image after you have finished working with it. Also be sure to save.

Paulette

Thank you Paulette for reply and Wow! not sure from where to beguine..  - Your work is so fantastic*, I am taking my hat off for each of your images!*..  You are my idol no doubt.!!!, can only wish for an access to such wild locations.!. may I ask you something funky?. - Since my profile on Alamy was born only few days ago and work that you do is only my dream - Can I call you my Alamy's Godmother pls?.. ;)🤗😇 cause I would love to be like you when I grow up :D 

..and thank you for tagSpell advises as well.. how could I not think of word lamb! 😳🤓 

Hi Arvy. Could you please tell us more about oxygen mists on the summer solstice in Wiltshire in 2018 that according to your more info were actually taken in Cornwall on July 7th 2017. Have you discovered the secrets of time travel and what is an oxygen mist? It sounds dangerous - even triggering your shutter could cause some serious combustion. :)

Thank you, Arvy. I hope you will also get to go to wild places. That is what it is all about for me -- seeing the animals where they live. I must warn you that the trips are very expensive and I don't expect to ever pay for them with my sales. It is about the experience for me and about sharing what I have been privileged to see. It is gratifying to make sales and the money definitely helps but it is not practical to expect it to pay its way.

Paulette

10 minutes ago, MDM said:

Hi Arvy. Could you please tell us more about oxygen mists on the summer solstice in Wiltshire in 2018 that according to your more info were actually taken in Cornwall on July 7th 2017. Have you discovered the secrets of time travel and what is an oxygen mist? It sounds dangerous - even triggering your shutter could cause some serious combustion. :)

ha ha :D and thank you for asking.. Oxygen mist I called cause I don't know how to name this light blue light above the horizon.. I searched the net by going to various astro, meteorology science places and still could not find any clue what is that white blue layer is.?. I found only few images (!) on google with similar light visible taken by other photographers around mountains, but non of those images has any explanation for it. Later I researched and learned that oxygen is similar colour (pale blue) to the one in my picture so just named like that.. English is my 5th language and sometimes I can struggle finding right words for a search or tags 🤭 Could you advice if familiar - what could be called this white blue light in my picture? ..how to name it? 

- Cornwall & solstice tags should not be there.!. and last night I already changed it (see first post) confuse why you still see this today.?. Everything is looking fine in my home page (confused). Maybe this is another 24 hour Alamy updating issue? 

..and yes, yes, am only few inches away from cracking time travel code 💫 and  hopefully will post some ufo photographs soon 𒀬;)𒁊 sending "Kraftwerk - The Robots" your way! :D 👽 🤖 

16 minutes ago, Arvy777 said:

ha ha :D and thank you for asking.. Oxygen mist I called cause I don't know how to name this light blue light above the horizon.. I searched the net by going to various astro, meteorology science places and still could not find any clue what is that white blue layer is.?. I found only few images (!) on google with similar light visible taken by other photographers around mountains, but non of those images has any explanation for it. Later I researched and learned that oxygen is similar colour (pale blue) to the one in my picture so just named like that.. English is my 5th language and sometimes I can struggle finding right words for a search or tags 🤭 Could you advice if familiar - what could be called this white blue light in my picture? ..how to name it? 

- Cornwall & solstice tags should not be there.!. and last night I already changed it (see first post) confuse why you still see this today.?. Everything is looking fine in my home page (confused). Maybe this is another 24 hour Alamy updating issue? 

..and yes, yes, am only few inches away from cracking time travel code 💫 and  hopefully will post some ufo photographs soon 𒀬;)𒁊 sending "Kraftwerk - The Robots" your way! :D 👽 🤖 

Just mist, or ground mist.

7 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Just mist, or ground mist.

Thanks for advise Spacecadet! 🚀  thought using unique tag names only would help to direct google searchers on to Alamy images? Thought Alamy tags are highly connected to google search engine and not sure if I have to somehow to connect my google account to Alamy so that the tags are directed from Alamy to google with ease? What if I tag my image on Alamy using name that doesn't exist (lovespaceandeverythingaboutit) .. can images from Alamy with such tag name (no space between words) be found on google than? 🤔

47 minutes ago, Arvy777 said:

Possibly amospheric mist as well although I think what stands out in that picture is the aerial perspective with the more distant hills appearing lighter. And yes it takes 24 hours to update corrections. 

You write English very well for a 5th language. I'm guessing from your name you are Lithuanian so your second language is probably Russian. What are the others? Latin is my fifth language but I don't tend to use it much anymore. In fact it is probably rustier than your wharf loop. It's amazing how Lithuanian names sound so like Latin though given how far Lithuania is from Rome. 

On the subject of language, I did a search for Dorpa Sheep as I had never heard of them and I came up with the Dorper Sheep so I'm guessing Dorpa is a misspelling. If you want potential buyers to find your images, it is important to spell the keywords correctly (although people do seem to recommend intentional misspelling as well).  Dorpa gives 2 hits on Alamy whereas Dorper gives 252. The thing with English is that it is not phonetic and there are so many different accents. Many English people would pronounce Dorper as Dorpa as there is a tendency to drop the r at the end of words. Having said that you are in Baaath (keeping with the sheep theme or should it be Bawth) in the West Country where they love their rrrs and they probably do say Dorperrr.

Yes English is a complicated language so well done. My advice is to check the spelling before keywording. Best of luck with it. 

9 minutes ago, Russell said:

Hi, also on the subject of keywording and the sheep. I'd be surprised if the bird was a raven. More likely a rook. But it's difficult to tell as the Alamy logo obscures it.

Wow Thank you Russel!, I didn't knew such bird name as 'Rook'. Indeed, this could be it.!. I know the place where these birds nest, and will have to investigate, and learn about it very soon! ;) 

Sadly Alamy watermark covered entire bird and its wide open beak.. entire prey bird character is not there any more.. crucial detail.. errr,  :( ..am so not happy about watermark placement covering most important part.. how sad' 😰💧

Can this be somehow fixed/adjusted throe dashboard or els?? 🤔 

7 hours ago, MDM said:

Possibly amospheric mist as well although I think what stands out in that picture is the aerial perspective with the more distant hills appearing lighter. And yes it takes 24 hours to update corrections. 

You write English very well for a 5th language. I'm guessing from your name you are Lithuanian so your second language is probably Russian. What are the others? Latin is my fifth language but I don't tend to use it much anymore. In fact it is probably rustier than your wharf loop. It's amazing how Lithuanian names sound so like Latin though given how far Lithuania is from Rome. 

On the subject of language, I did a search for Dorpa Sheep as I had never heard of them and I came up with the Dorper Sheep so I'm guessing Dorpa is a misspelling. If you want potential buyers to find your images, it is important to spell the keywords correctly (although people do seem to recommend intentional misspelling as well).  Dorpa gives 2 hits on Alamy whereas Dorper gives 252. The thing with English is that it is not phonetic and there are so many different accents. Many English people would pronounce Dorper as Dorpa as there is a tendency to drop the r at the end of words. Having said that you are in Baaath (keeping with the sheep theme or should it be Bawth) in the West Country where they love their rrrs and they probably do say Dorperrr.

Yes English is a complicated language so well done. My advice is to check the spelling before keywording. Best of luck with it. 

Ouch,, by the time I finished writing my reply to your message my Internet has stopped. Moving to new address this weekend. Love being here and will reply after few days time for sure.!. 

On 13/01/2018 at 02:10, Arvy777 said:

Ouch,, by the time I finished writing my reply to your message my Internet has stopped. Moving to new address this weekend. Love being here and will reply after few days time for sure.!. 

I may have found the way to copy writings to mobile phone and let's see if it works..  

Thank you foOor Dorper Sheep! - my bad.! ..tho still thinking on keeping misspell as well., anyway Alamy is offering 50 tags and that is a lot, so why not?  

Am not sure if word 'mist' is the right word for that image?.. mist is usually thick white/grey in colour mat instead of see through? Thought, mist is usually scatters around in random shapes, is bumpy and (whatever) light in my photo is so flat so clear and see throe,!?! 

Pls allow me to describe this day and maybe this will help to crack this light phenomena code.X. 

I patiently waited and was fully prepared to shoot on 7.7.17 from Tan Hill in Wiltshire for many reason. Weather condition around this date wore excellent and my instincts suggested to make time-lapse project while shooting nonstop for as long as I could stay awake. 777 was a number I was after as well 😅 Entire time-lapse lasted for nearly 20 hours from 6/7/17 evening till 7/7/17 after lunch.. 

Most beautiful clear skies at night* with fog taking over Pewsey Downs National Nature Reserve in early morning hours .. This was the day I never forget.. 

On the opposite side of this photo is a steep hillside dropping down with valley below. At the same time this photograph was taken the valley below was already filled with very thick fog o the top.. I was hypnotised by the beauty of fog taking over Tan Hill. When I turned around to see whats on the other side, I saw this light. Without a second thought I turned my camera around and to capture this beauty* ..soon after, the cloud I saw in the valley below reached my position and I dove in to Abbys of myst and cloud.. the cloud was so thick I could not see anything within 3-5 meters distance â˜ï¸ðŸ’¨  

I may post some more photos of this day later   

in other words, no matter what direction I looked, this white blue plasma horizontal line left me in disbelieve and joy at the same time.. 

This was one of most happiest days in my life!* 

Speaking on language subject, yes you guessed right, I am Lithuanian and Russian was mandatory in schools as second language during soviet era.. This allowed me to understand many other Slavic family languages to.. Latin is alien language to me, and don't know any basics of it.. I only heard that Latin is very complicated for those who study and learn.. Wonder what all "ania" countries has in common? Albania, Armenia, Lithuania, Romania, Transylvania you name it.. and every place has some historical deep twist within each culture in various ways..? 

around 5 yrs ago I read rumours in NewYork Times that Lithuanian language is dating back to before Sanskrit.? not sure what to say about such speculation.. but our names do have lots of similarity to Greek names and we share some common words with cultures from India.. Interesting and confusing: where & how all cultures has came from  usually I like blaming aliens for everything we don't have answer to! 

uhh, seem to be working just not sure what's with the front size is? Looking so large :o

edited fixing text size.. 

14 hours ago, Arvy777 said:

Thanks for advise Spacecadet! 🚀  thought using unique tag names only would help to direct google searchers on to Alamy images? Thought Alamy tags are highly connected to google search engine and not sure if I have to somehow to connect my google account to Alamy so that the tags are directed from Alamy to google with ease? What if I tag my image on Alamy using name that doesn't exist (lovespaceandeverythingaboutit) .. can images from Alamy with such tag name (no space between words) be found on google than? 🤔

Putting unique keywords on images is good - but only if they're accurate. If they are not accurate (and I sympathise with anyone whose main language isn't English having to keyword on Alamy), that will just annoy potential buyers, and worse still could cause trouble if a less well-informed buyer buys an image and uses it to illustrate the wrong keyword.

I know the place where these birds nest, and will have to investigate

I think you have answered the question Arvy. If there are a lot of these birds nesting together they are without doubt Rooks ( Corvus frugilegus). Ravens are bigger than Rooks (more the size of a Buzzard if you know that bird) Crows & Jackdaws smaller.

On 13/01/2018 at 04:07, Arvy777 said:

Am not sure if word 'mist' is the right word for that image?.. mist is usually thick white/grey in colour mat instead of see through? Thought, mist is usually scatters around in random shapes, is bumpy and (whatever) light in my photo is so flat so clear and see throe,!?! 

Pls allow me to describe this day and maybe this will help to crack this light phenomena code.X. 

I patiently waited and was fully prepared to shoot on 7.7.17 from Tan Hill in Wiltshire for many reason. Weather condition around this date wore excellent and my instincts suggested to make time-lapse project while shooting nonstop for as long as I could stay awake. 777 was a number I was after as well 😅 Entire time-lapse lasted for nearly 20 hours from 6/7/17 evening till 7/7/17 after lunch.. 

Most beautiful clear skies at night* with fog taking over Pewsey Downs National Nature Reserve in early morning hours .. This was the day I never forget.. 

On the opposite side of this photo is a steep hillside dropping down with valley below. At the same time this photograph was taken the valley below was already filled with very thick fog o the top.. I was hypnotised by the beauty of fog taking over Tan Hill. When I turned around to see whats on the other side, I saw this light. Without a second thought I turned my camera around and to capture this beauty* ..soon after, the cloud I saw in the valley below reached my position and I dove in to Abbys of myst and cloud.. the cloud was so thick I could not see anything within 3-5 meters distance â˜ï¸ðŸ’¨  

I may post some more photos of this day later   

in other words, no matter what direction I looked, this white blue plasma horizontal line left me in disbelieve and joy at the same time.. 

This was one of most happiest days in my life!* 

Maybe valley mist and you are just seeing the top of it in the picture. Valley mist happens under certain atmospheric conditions and can be very beautiful when seen from above.

I understand the joy and happiness that you describe - I experience that sometimes as well when shooting outdoors alone. It is very special and it becomes even more special if I can convey something of that feeling through my images.

On the subject of mist, peace and oneness with nature, this picture is one of my favourite recent landscapes, taken last summer on a very still morning about an hour or so after dawn. It shows Mount Errigal, one of Ireland's most iconic mountains in County Donegal. It has mountain mist covering the top of Errigal as well as some valley mist which was clearing by the time I got to this spot. I've just realised I didn't actually put mist in the keywords so I will have to rectify that.

However, although it looks peaceful, I wasn't experiencing any peace. I was being absolutely eaten alive by swarm of midges. Because of the midges I experienced serious pain and anguish to get this and another series of shots from a nearby location before it started to rain. It was worth it in the end but the oneness with nature thing didn't really happen for me that day.

looking-towards-mount-errigal-one-of-irelands-most-iconic-mountains-KRNX0F.jpg

14 minutes ago, MDM said:
On the subject of mist, peace and oneness with nature, this picture is one of my favourite recent landscapes, taken last summer on a very still morning about an hour or so after dawn. It shows Mount Errigal, one of Ireland's most iconic mountains in County Donegal. It has mountain mist covering the top of Errigal as well as some valley mist which was clearing by the time I got to this spot. I've just realised I didn't actually put mist in the keywords so I will have to rectify that.

However, although it looks peaceful, I wasn't experiencing any peace. I was being absolutely eaten alive by swarm of midges. Because of the midges I experienced serious pain and anguish to get this and another series of shots from a nearby location before it started to rain. It was worth it in the end but the oneness with nature thing didn't really happen for me that day.

looking-towards-mount-errigal-one-of-irelands-most-iconic-mountains-KRNX0F.jpg

Midges! I don't see any midges. How did you manage to get rid of them in the beautiful image you have produced?

On the oneness with nature I remember being on top of of a ridge overlooking the vale of York one winter time in the early morning. Everything around me was white after a very hard frost during the night, trees, bushes, fences, grass, road signs, overhead wires, literally everything. Looking down into the valley all I could see was a low lying thick white mist with just the tops of trees and one or two manmade structures peeping out above the mist which stood out as very dark grey against the mist in the morning sun in a beautiful blue sky. It was also so quiet too.

Yes, you guessed it, I did not have a camera with me!!!

Allan

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Midges! I don't see any midges. How did you manage to get rid of them in the beautiful image you have produced?

They are known to be camera shy. Maybe we could change the thread title to "Sorry, but we couldn’t find any MIDGES". 

On 13/01/2018 at 09:31, Russell said:

I think you have answered the question Arvy. If there are a lot of these birds nesting together they are without doubt Rooks ( Corvus frugilegus). Ravens are bigger than Rooks (more the size of a Buzzard if you know that bird) Crows & Jackdaws smaller.

How can you recognise rook from raven if looking from bokeh? I named raven because I thought bird in my photo is larger than other crow family birds? Viewing original size photo I can see white pixels dominating birds beak and the bottom beak has more white than the top one.. 

9 hours ago, Sally said:

It’s still ‘mist’, or possibly, ‘haze’.  You could tag ‘morning mist’, too

Thank you Sally, I've tagged your mentioned keywords to!,  but still I am no so sure if this is the case?.. Maybe I am too naive, but without finding a single similar image, I suspect this is some kind of weather phenomenon we haven't learned about it yet, and I could be wrong.. 

Archived