Alex Ramsay

Kodak - remember them?

Looks pretty desperate. Why would you want to be paid in Kodak cryptocurrency?!

They went from a very dominant position to being a pretty marginal player in a short space of time. Their attitude to professionals was deplorable. I remember being a member of a liaison committee with AFAEP and a couple of Kodak representatives which lasted scarcely a year. Fuji were coming up fast on the outside lane and Kodak just handed them the race. The idea of a cryptocurrency is laughable. No thanks!

Just had another look and it says it isn't working at the moment, and can you come bacK later. Sounds normal for Kodak!

Edited by Robert M Estall

Assume it is not yet in full swing. Sounds OK on paper. Lets see what it is like in real life.

Allan

At least Linda McCartney sausages are still doing well. I'll take a few packs as part payment.

Though the idea to  protect photographers from unlicensed and unauthorized use of their (our) images sound interesting, the part related to the cryptocurrency which says "receive payment for licensing their work immediately upon sale, and sell their work confidently on a secure blockchain platform" looks a bit suspicious to me

apparently it seems to b quite appealing to investors. 120% rise on stock exchange today... after making that announcement

Edited by Gryf

6 hours ago, MDM said:

At least Linda McCartney sausages are still doing well. I'll take a few packs as part payment.

She was never related to Eastman-Kodak, yet the idea still persists! :( 

• Like 1

Hmm. I've not yet gasped the use of folding money.

47 minutes ago, AlanW said:

She was never related to Eastman-Kodak, yet the idea still persists! :( 

Wow. Thanks for correcting. I have always thought that she was r - something I read years ago. I presume the idea comes from her being a photographer. I still like her revamped sausages though :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I've not yet gasped the use of folding money.

For some, its done to achieve a feeling that one's money has doubled...

Should Alamy accept bitcoin, but at higher licensing fees to accommodate risk??!!

Say, 25-35% higher...?

Finally a way to defeat "race to bottom"?!!!

Todays news.

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, etc. on major fall due to South Korea banning trade in such.

Allan

• Like 1