Colour Calibration Mk2

You may recall in my previous post "Colour Calibration", I was unsure about using calibration, well since then I have got an xrite Colormunki display and calibrated my monitor.
My question now relates to my editing, which is AdobeRGB RAW capture run through Lightroom with final tweaking in Photoshop. I believe that Ligthroom has fairly simple controls i.e. in my case AdobeRGB in and out, but I think Photoshop requires the RGB working space to be set to the latest monitor calibration is this correct or should I leave it at AdobeRGB (again in my case)

Thanks for your advice, Tim

46 minutes ago, Tim Ayers said:

You may recall in my previous post "Colour Calibration", I was unsure about using calibration, well since then I have got an xrite Colormunki display and calibrated my monitor.
My question now relates to my editing, which is AdobeRGB RAW capture run through Lightroom with final tweaking in Photoshop. I believe that Ligthroom has fairly simple controls i.e. in my case AdobeRGB in and out, but I think Photoshop requires the RGB working space to be set to the latest monitor calibration is this correct or should I leave it at AdobeRGB (again in my case)

Thanks for your advice, Tim

No that is wrong. Never set your working space to your monitor profile. Set your working space to AdobeRGB not your monitor profile. 

Lightroom develop module actually uses a color space close to ProPhotoRGB which is a lot bigger than AdobeRGB but it does all this under the covers. It is only when you do the raw conversion and open the file in Photoshop that you decide what color space to use (in Lightroom Prefs). You want to be using the same color space in the prefs as that which you are setting in Photoshop Color Settings. Some experts advocate using ProPhoto for both but I think AdobeRGB is more than adequate. 

EDIT: The raw capture does not use a color space. It is irrelevant what you set on the camera.

Archived