Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

17 minutes ago, Brasilnut said:

Just got $112.51 net sale. Oh wait, that was at a Micro site :P

But I assume your average on Micro is still way down compared to your average on Alamy?

Not an actual result yet, but my CTR for March currently stands at 10.71  

I'm confident I can keep it up there and that very soon sales will rain down on me like er.. rain.

No way is it a fluke.

6 hours ago, andremichel said:

But I assume your average on Micro is still way down compared to your average on Alamy?

Yes $0.85/image net vs $12/image net on here, but volumes are quite different

Just now, Hai Nguyen said:

Hi all,

I've just made my first sale on Alamy for $30 since joining last year!

So pretty happy... hoping for more sales to continue.

Hai :)

Well done Hai! Good feeling isn't it? Here's to many more.

Gen

6 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

I do love your reactions to things sometimes.  :lol:

I just had a nice zoom. Not worth a new thread so I'll put it here. I think it's called an AlamyWhack? Where mine was the only image found, and it was zoomed. I wonder if they'll use it? It is an excellent image (does that sound big-headed?) but maybe I shouldn't disclose what they searched for.  :)

Geoff.

I sometimes am amazed at the amount of sales and their worth, my fingers just run away with themselves! :lol:

An AlamyWhack, huh?  By the looks of it you'll make a sale there.  If not, there's absolutely no justice in the world!

2 hours ago, GS-Images said:

That's excellent, well done Kumar. Like I keep saying recently, stock fees are not all low and demoralising, and I honestly think the amount of complaining about it could well be part of the problem as it may eventually lead clients who do pay more to question whether they should.

I do love your reactions to things sometimes.  :lol:

I just had a nice zoom. Not worth a new thread so I'll put it here. I think it's called an AlamyWhack? Where mine was the only image found, and it was zoomed. I wonder if they'll use it? It is an excellent image (does that sound big-headed?) but maybe I shouldn't disclose what they searched for.  :)

Geoff.

Thanks Geoff - btw, good to see you back here!

Cheers

Kumar

1. A sale today for a decent price (just under $100) means that...
  2. ...my average gross sale price this year is now the best since my first year of selling here (2013)

Okay, the average is based on a very small number of sales, but I'll take any positives I can. :)

The sale was of a totally unexpected, fairly ordinary image, but ain't that always the way?! ;)  Out of interest, the image is fully optimised (a rarity) and has model releases.  I have yet to see the license details, so don't know whether the releases had any bearing on sale, but I do have restrictions in place:

Don't sell for advertising and promotion

Don't sell for consumer goods

Don't sell for personal use including single copy, non-retail wall art prints

EDIT: forgot to add that a sale yesterday may just well be as a result of a complaint to Alamy regarding blatant misuse of a PU sale a while back.  I shall have to wait until I am able to contact CR next week to confirm this, but if so, it's positive news and a good result.

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

I finally cracked the one thousand photos mark!!

$$ should start rolling in any day now.:D

Rick

as I tell my friends, I can get bacon at Subway now

Archived