Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

39 minutes ago, Sally said:

I celebrated an anniversary yesterday - a year since I passed QC for the first time. So I thought I’d summarise my first year statistics, which I am more than happy with. I don’t need to make a living from this, and I don’t contribute stock anywhere else. I am a complete newbie as far as stock photography is concerned, but having put in a lot of time and effort, I’ve learned a great deal and also got much better at processing photos in the process. I have also taken the plunge and started my own photography website.

I’ve got an archive collection (more on the way), and got to grips with Live News images. Most of the photos I have uploaded have been taken in this last year, since I’ve only had a proper camera for two years, and started completely from scratch. Despite the work involved, it’s great fun to see what sells and what for. Images sold are very varied, from World War II anti tank blocks to a puffin. All in all, being an Alamy contributor has been a very positive thing.

Total number of sales: 21 (9 in 2018 so hopeful monthly sales will be more regular)

Total gross sales: $625

Biggest sale: $52 

First sale: May 2017

Most sales in a month : 6

only 1 sale below $10

Congrats Sally! well done! i had only three miserable sales since i joined last year but my port is a lot than yours so you are true encouragement! :D Well done again!   

1 hour ago, Sally said:

I celebrated an anniversary yesterday - a year since I passed QC for the first time. So I thought I’d summarise my first year statistics, which I am more than happy with. I don’t need to make a living from this, and I don’t contribute stock anywhere else. I am a complete newbie as far as stock photography is concerned, but having put in a lot of time and effort, I’ve learned a great deal and also got much better at processing photos in the process. I have also taken the plunge and started my own photography website.

I’ve got an archive collection (more on the way), and got to grips with Live News images. Most of the photos I have uploaded have been taken in this last year, since I’ve only had a proper camera for two years, and started completely from scratch. Despite the work involved, it’s great fun to see what sells and what for. Images sold are very varied, from World War II anti tank blocks to a puffin. All in all, being an Alamy contributor has been a very positive thing.

Total number of sales: 21 (9 in 2018 so hopeful monthly sales will be more regular)

Total gross sales: $625

Biggest sale: $52 

First sale: May 2017

Most sales in a month : 6

only 1 sale below $10

Well done Sally. Your story echos mine to a large extent. I don't have a website or archive though. 

2 hours ago, Sally said:

I celebrated an anniversary yesterday - a year since I passed QC for the first time....................

.........................All in all, being an Alamy contributor has been a very positive thing

+1

Well done, Sally - your hard work is clearly paying off.  Wishing you an even more successful 2018. :)

22 hours ago, ReeRay said:

Well done Sally. 1st sale after 3 months and 9 this year. Way to go. 

Well done Sally. Your story echos mine to a large extent. I don't have a website or archive though. 

Well done, Sally - your hard work is clearly paying off.  Wishing you an even more successful 2018. :)

Many thanks for the lovely comments. 

Holy Molly, I could not believe my eyes! I finally got a sale to end my massive drought. My last sale prior to the one that just dropped in was on December 24, 2017.

This whole experience was not cool at all.

18 minutes ago, Bryan said:

After a singularly terrible start to the month a $800 sale popped in today, it's a canny shot mind, but you just never know.......

Yes, very well done, Bryan: karma for all your hard work here, perhaps?! ;):)

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

After a singularly terrible start to the month a $800 sale popped in today, it's a canny shot mind, but you just never know.......

Great stuff, good on yer - exactly what this thread is for. It's news like this that keeps everyone going.

22 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

You can feel a little less grumpy now. B)

:)

Oh I don't know John, got to maintain a sense of proportion...

Thanks for the kind words folk, and let's not forget the Alamy sales team, great result!

5 hours ago, Bryan said:

Wow! Well done. It would be interesting to know what the kinds of licenses for a larger sale like that are. Is it things like calendar, billboard? Then I can dream.

47 minutes ago, JeffGreenberg said:

SCOTTISHNORTHERN ENGLISH
pleasant; nice.
"she's a canny lass"

Some of us in The New World had to look that one up, we did.

That was very canny (as in: having or showing shrewdness and good judgment, especially in money or business matters) of you.

I wasn't aware of the other meaning either.

9 hours ago, Sally said:

Wow! Well done. It would be interesting to know what the kinds of licenses for a larger sale like that are. Is it things like calendar, billboard? Then I can dream.

Trade show/promotional display.

My last $$$$ sale was for an office mural, never seen this kind of money for a calendar.

Very different subjects though, impossible to predict what will sell well.

Last week I had a UK magazine sale of an image that also sold as one of a trio of framed prints on a POD site on the same day. (Hope I can find it for next year's DACs submission...) It's an image Alamy has licensed for me four times now, and they've licensed over a dozen images for me from that particular trip, a few several times. it's really gratifying to be getting more and more repeat sellers on Alamy. 

Congrats to everyone on first sales and great starts and Bryan on that great sale. Always encouraging to see those kinds of numbers. 

I just started and got my first sale 5 weeks in :) I have thousands of photos in my files to get keytagging and post already and look forward to producing more. Very curious to learn this process and see what I can do!

Archived