Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

14 hours ago, Arno said:

Just got 4 sales in.

Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 12 February 2018
Duration: Unlimited

$69,12 (I'd say for Unlimited duration that's a bit bleak, but well...)

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 January 2018
End: 01 January 2023
Sweden, Bulk discount, flat rate per image.
$8,59

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Online Magazine, bulk discount, flat rate per image
$2,34 (whoop whoop!)

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Bulk Discount, Flat Rate
$46,74

At least I can take the missus out for dinner again.

please don't reproduce full details

I'm not sure why I can't reproduce full details and how or why that would come and bite us all, but yeah...
Everyone telling me to remove all this information, and then fully quoting me, that's helping as well.

44 minutes ago, Arno said:

I'm not sure why I can't reproduce full details and how or why that would come and bite us all, but yeah...
Everyone telling me to remove all this information, and then fully quoting me, that's helping as well.

Arno, just to clarify: I don't think that anyone is concerned with you posting the details of the license, it's posting the prices alongside that can create problems. A low price quoted here with the license details only gives ammunition to prospective buyers, enabling lowering of prices even further. It's enough of a struggle already - they don't need any more help! 

As for fully quoting you; you'll notice that when I did so, I carefully removed the prices first - and raised that issue with Foreign Export, when he mistakenly quoted you in full. Hopefully, that will be corrected soon. 

Hi Michael,

As a newbie I would love to see the images everyone sells, (I've only sold 2) but seems like most people don't show them.  Is that by choice or are there some "Forum Ground Rules" that prevent that?  Or maybe there's some button or link or whatever... that I have to double click or something.  Just curious.

9 minutes ago, Wawa said:

Hi Michael,

As a newbie I would love to see the images everyone sells, (I've only sold 2) but seems like most people don't show them.  Is that by choice or are there some "Forum Ground Rules" that prevent that?  Or maybe there's some button or link or whatever... that I have to double click or something.  Just curious.

If people don't show them, that's by choice (to avoid copycats, maybe), but there is an 'images sold in February' thread.

11 hours ago, Wawa said:

Hi Michael,

http://discussion.alamy.com/topic/9075-images-sold-in-february-max-1-per-day/

As mentioned above by Cryptoprocta.

John.

12 minutes ago, andremichel said:

How come you are continually policing this forum?

This public forum?

I'm not the only one to suggest that it's unhelpful to quote low fees. I had suggested that the person put his sales in the monthly thread but instead he quoted the amounts here.

Only about half-a-dozen posts here today I think, and nothing for half a day. Not a very good work rate for a policeman.

Usually, I consider sales of $100 and up to be worth posting here as positive results. However, given some of the prices I've seen so far this year, I probably need to lower that figure. Actually, these days, I  consider anything $50+ to be "decent".

That said, I'm seeing substantially better prices this month than in January, which was downright scary. It remains a bit of a roller coaster...

^^^ this seems so elitist. Some newbies have been submitting for many months and are only too happy to share their sales, however modest.

It's tough enough to get regular sales on here...let's share the joy for those starting out :) 

13 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Usually, I consider sales of $100 and up to be worth posting here as positive results. However, given some of the prices I've seen so far this year, I probably need to lower that figure. Actually, these days, I  consider anything $50+ to be "decent".

That said, I'm seeing substantially better prices this month than in January, which was downright scary. It remains a bit of a roller coaster...

Agreed - 3 figures seems to me to be a reasonable bar - they don't happen so often these days, and that scarcity is what makes them positive news and gives encouragement to us all

8 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

Agreed - 3 figures seems to me to be a reasonable bar - they don't happen so often these days, and that scarcity is what makes them positive news and gives encouragement to us all

Right, that's the way I feel too, but it's a personal thing. If I were starting out with Alamy today, I'd no doubt feel that any kind of sale is a positive result.

As far as posting actual figures for very low sales goes, I've been guilty of this myself in the past. However, I now agree that it's probably not a good idea to reveal them, even if the cat is already out of the bag, as the saying goes. Suggesting is better than censoring, though.

I celebrated an anniversary yesterday - a year since I passed QC for the first time. So I thought I’d summarise my first year statistics, which I am more than happy with. I don’t need to make a living from this, and I don’t contribute stock anywhere else. I am a complete newbie as far as stock photography is concerned, but having put in a lot of time and effort, I’ve learned a great deal and also got much better at processing photos in the process. I have also taken the plunge and started my own photography website.

I’ve got an archive collection (more on the way), and got to grips with Live News images. Most of the photos I have uploaded have been taken in this last year, since I’ve only had a proper camera for two years, and started completely from scratch. Despite the work involved, it’s great fun to see what sells and what for. Images sold are very varied, from World War II anti tank blocks to a puffin. All in all, being an Alamy contributor has been a very positive thing.

Total number of sales: 21 (9 in 2018 so hopeful monthly sales will be more regular)

Total gross sales: $625

Biggest sale: $52 

First sale: May 2017

Most sales in a month : 6

only 1 sale below $10

Views: 34,000

Zooms: 119

Archived