Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

I thought I would be good to start a new thread, the old one was close to 50 pages deep.  

I hope it is a good omen that my first sale of 2018 was a book sale for $250! I want to be hopeful that these will be more commonplace in 2018 for all!

Nothing wonderful has happened yet in 2018 but 2017 wrapped up with the best month of sales for quite a long time so I'm hoping this little gold-rush continues into 2018. Even better, the images sold were almost all reasonable ideas. I'm glad to say, I don't often get those "who would ever have thought that would sell?" kind of images. The best thing about early January is the days start stretching out. And the Wolf moon was terrific! I didn't even know anything special was up, but I was in the garden gathering up some  firewood and thought, Wow that's is a lot better than an average moon-rise. I resisted the impulse to howl.

1 hour ago, Robert M Estall said:

Nothing wonderful has happened yet in 2018 but 2017 wrapped up with the best month of sales for quite a long time so I'm hoping this little gold-rush continues into 2018. Even better, the images sold were almost all reasonable ideas. I'm glad to say, I don't often get those "who would ever have thought that would sell?" kind of images. The best thing about early January is the days start stretching out. And the Wolf moon was terrific! I didn't even know anything special was up, but I was in the garden gathering up some  firewood and thought, Wow that's is a lot better than an average moon-rise. I resisted the impulse to howl.

I managed a reasonably good image of the moon after a mate phoned me to tell me about it. However one look at live images and I thought I'll not bother uploading as there were so many other shots of it and one or two others with additional interest which is essential if competing with others. I also have many images that I think will never sell and so far I've been right. ;) So far I too have resisted howling, barking is what I'm known for. lol

And congrats to the OP - nice start to your year Michael and good idea to start a fresh thread!

I was happy with how 2017 ended, sales up from 2016 despite having been sick with vertigo for an entire year and barely adding anything new. Nice to know my images can work for me. It was also gratifying to see some of the few new images I uploaded sell.

Hoping to double my portfolio in 2018.

Even viewed through my window that moon was gorgeous. Too cold here in NY to run outside LOL.

Five sales reported in the last 48 hours and for reasonable figures, which is something that usually occurs at the end of a month for me, so I'm thinking that this may well be a catch up from the holiday period.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Arno said:

Just got 4 sales in.

Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 12 February 2018
Duration: Unlimited

(I'd say for Unlimited duration that's a bit bleak, but well...)

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 January 2018
End: 01 January 2023
Sweden, Bulk discount, flat rate per image.

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Online Magazine, bulk discount, flat rate per image
 (whoop whoop!)

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

At least I can take the missus out for dinner again.

With all due respect, it's really not a good idea to post specifics as regards license details alongside prices paid. In the long term it will only serve to act against us all. 

EDIT: Well done on the multiple sales though. 

Archived