Images Sold in January (max one per day)

A (relatively) good number of sales this month (13) but at dismal prices.

This one popped up today. Affiliate sale AND PU. Nuff said about the pennies.

the-locomotive-of-the-cockle-train-at-go

salisbury-27th-november-2014-salisbury-christmas-market-openning-night-EB9BA1.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 December 2017
End: 01 December 2022
Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

a-gluten-free-watch-cap-M15H86.jpg

This other January sale is important as a health tip. I'm sure all you Alamy contributors eat nothing that is not gluten-free. Even if you don't have celiac decease, you can't be too careful. But are you protecting your mind for gluten? Here's a gluten-free watch cap!

Wait a minute! This image hasn't sold yet!  Oh oh, I must have gluten damage to my memory.  (Gluten is tasty, you know?)

Woo hoo!! Another two sales dropped in, that's four in total for the 30th and 15 for the month so far.

They were both of the flying foxes plague in Charters Towers, Queensland, to a UK newspaper.

BTW, I deserved it, I got peed on a lot to get those pix.

little-red-flying-foxes-pteropus-scapula

I think the moral of this sale is don't just shoot what you eat, but shoot what's at your feet.  Lowish price, smaller than full size file for presentation use.   Only one of the four photos I've sold so far wasn't taken in Nicaragua (and that was taken in Mexico), so my fears that I'd be too limited here seem not so much of a concern.

street-gutter-with-rain-water-J6GAED.jpg

I'm going to call this one "Back to the Future V". Single use, national newspaper. Start date: 1st Dec 2017 End 02 Dec 2017. Except the image was taken on 23rd December 2017. :blink:

Sale dropped in yesterday. Shot as a live news image, but the sum suggests it was sold as stock. Hm, will query.  Happy late Christmas.

oxford-street-london-23rd-dec-2017-on-the-evening-before-christmas-KT965M.jpg

23 minutes ago, imageplotter said:

I'm going to call this one "Back to the Future V". Single use, national newspaper. Start date: 1st Dec 2017 End 02 Dec 2017. Except the image was taken on 23rd December 2017. :blink:

Sale dropped in yesterday. Shot as a live news image, but the sum suggests it was sold as stock. Hm, will query.  Happy late Christmas.

oxford-street-london-23rd-dec-2017-on-the-evening-before-christmas-KT965M.jpg

I asked Alamy about a similar issue with the date and they told me that it just means that the system didn’t register the exact date, or that the client submitted a monthly date in their record, not that it was used before it was available ! Therefore likely still to have been a news sale.

6 minutes ago, Sally said:

I asked Alamy about a similar issue with the date and they told me that it just means that the system didn’t register the exact date, or that the client submitted a monthly date in their record, not that it was used before it was available ! Therefore likely still to have been a news sale.

Thank you Sally, that is helpful to know. I found it quite funny when I saw it this morning. Will ask them! Let's hope it was used as a news image. :)

The usual suspect. Three licences reported by the Guardian so refunds half- expected, although they are very good about buying separate licences for different articles.

Edit: found two different ones now so probably safe to say wheyhey, three web uses! Enough to buy that pint!

CC19B6.jpg

Not that I'll be going back to that pub- they wouldn't replace a duff pint last time!

Archived