Favourite images uploaded - Jan 2018

Brasilnut

My first (and maybe last, too idle to get out of bed that early!) Live News photo of the year, don't think it sold. I do this so infrequently that I generally forget to annotate the photos properly. In this instance my thanks to the Alamy team who added the copyright info. 

gateshead-uk-18th-jan-2018-people-enjoyi

I quite like this one (Women's March London yesterday) - she is leaning against the statue of Viscount Alanbrooke, who appears to be "holding her down" with his whip.

M0EDF6.jpg

Pearly Kingdom. The Pearly Queen of Greenwich with her pet dog, in matching pearly outfits, in front of a historic London cab, at the LNYDP

KW90HK.jpg

Bernie/Bernice performing with the London Borough of Hillingdon float, also at the LNYDP

KW90HC.jpg

Few more from the Galapagos...

Nazca Booby

nazca-booby-sula-granti-close-up-of-head

Marine Iguana

marine-iguana-amblyrhynchus-cristatus-ma

Red-Billed Tropic Bird

red-billed-tropic-bird-in-flight-phaetho

Galapagos Sea Lion pup

young-galapagos-sea-lion-pup-zalophus-wo

Galapagos Sea Lion, San Cristobal town

galapagos-sea-lion-zalophus-wollebaeki-a

Kumar (the Doc one)

I get drawn to markets.. can't help taking photographs at them, especially fruit and veg stalls with colourful produce! A customer makes a purchase at a fruit and veg stall in Surrey Street Market in Croydon, South London.

a-market-stall-vendor-on-a-fruit-and-veg-stall-makes-a-sale-at-surrey-M0CK31.jpg

Looking down at Surrey Street market in Croydon from a bridge on a cold, wet day about half an hour before the light failed:

looking-down-at-surrey-street-market-in-croydon-south-london-from-M0CK4K.jpg

Strawberries for sale on a market stall:

punnets-of-strawberries-on-a-market-stall-they-are-wet-because-it-M0CK3F.jpg

Guylian chocolates:

guylian-belgium-chocolate-truffle-shells-in-their-packaging-M0A983.jpg

self-service-green-grocer-stall-market-h

Self service fruit and veg stall on Cambridge Market Hill.

coloured-light-art-displayinside-the-new

Coloured (coloured) light art display Grafton new west entrance.

Allan

Sunrise over Borneo primary rainforest. Danum Valley. 4:30am getting up it was. Then climbing a tower.

M0G3AM.jpg

Sunset over Sandakan, Borneo. Taken from the 24th floor of the Sheraton Hotel.

M0KWX7.jpg

Infinity pool at the Sheraton Hotel, Sandakan

M0KWXA.jpg

13 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Kumar (Doc) - that image of the Galapagos Sea Lion taking a snooze on a bench is just absolutely fantastic!! I am tempted to license that and hang it up in my home office. He (the sea lion) just looks like he doesn't have a care in the world. Brill!

Thanks Imageplotter! He was just lying there on our first evening in the islands - In practice they get all over the place - Its an amazing place to visit!

Kumar 

Archived