2 hours ago, ReeRay said:

The introduction of AIM in 2016 prompted me to revisit all my legacy keywording and captioning. This was an area that was clearly in need of attention. I made a considerable amount of amendments to both areas. This in turn saw my images appear in far more searches than had previously been the case. It took a long time but seems to have paid off. 

Same here, ReeRay. Fixing tags and captions are paying off for me, too.

Sales up 25%, 

Revenue up 42%

And those increases came in the last quarter for the most part, after I made a concerted effort in getting the images fixed. Every evening for several hours. Hopefully, the trend will continue.

Betty

3 hours ago, Pearl said:

Yeah - done it but that was tedious.

I think 2016 sales volume was high due to lots of DM sales which have all but disappeared this year. I also think the change in the search engine in December 2016 had a derogatory effect on my image placements and hence for my sales.

UKIMG5Z2YrZ.jpg

High income in 2013 was partly down to two four figure sales but disappointing that 2014 -2017 are all below 2011 & 2012.  Not encouraging given the steady increase in my portfolio.

UKIMG1PdnVh.jpg

Pearl

How do you post these graphs?

21 hours ago, Reimar said:

Well, that looks like a wrap for 2017.  A step down from 2016 for me.

Here are my number of sales since 2006.  I could be forgiven for thinking in 2012 when I retired that stock sales would help my retirement income considerably.  Didn't work out that way and since 2012 the exponential growth in sales numbers, or steady growth in sales amounts vanished.

Here is the trend for sales numbers:

166773317.jpg

Anyone else seeing the same picture?

I saw the same peak in 2012 followed by a big drop in 2013, but sales have grown since, largely due to adding a lot of new images. Most of my sales these days come from recent images.

23 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

As Pearl says: it's tedious.

hit Print Screen on your dashboard.  Open photoshop and a new blank file and then paste.  Crop the part of the graph you want.  Save as jpg and load it onto a website or gallery.  Respond to a post and hit "insert other media" and copy the URL and type ".jpg" at the end of the URL you put in the box. Presto.

12 minutes ago, Reimar said:

As Pearl says: it's tedious.

hit Print Screen on your dashboard.  Open photoshop and a new blank file and then paste.  Crop the part of the graph you want.  Save as jpg and load it onto a website or gallery.  Respond to a post and hit "insert other media" and copy the URL and type ".jpg" at the end of the URL you put in the box. Presto.

Alternatively, take a screenshot of the part of the graph you want to show, upload it to Dropbox, and then drag it from the Dropbox window into your post

22 hours ago, Reimar said:

Well, that looks like a wrap for 2017.  A step down from 2016 for me.

Here are my number of sales since 2006.  I could be forgiven for thinking in 2012 when I retired that stock sales would help my retirement income considerably.  Didn't work out that way and since 2012 the exponential growth in sales numbers, or steady growth in sales amounts vanished.

Anyone else seeing the same picture?

Not quite the same picture here, but similar in some respects. My gross income graph showed steady growth from 2008 -- 2014 and then took a big dip in 2015. It has now climbed back up and seems to be "plateauing" at about 30% below the 2014 peak. Sales volume has been increasing overall, though, which is a positive sign. Revenue from stock photography does help my so-called "retirement" (What's that?) income, but not as much as I had hoped. You're forgiven. B)

7 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

Bryan on my screen your pics seem not processed. Poor saturation and contrast and some a bit overexposed.sDo you think this could be a way to sell more ?

I mean, OOC pics?

Apologies for drifting off topic.

I tend to go by the histogram, and favour brighter rather than darker, advice on that latter point that I seem to recall David Kilpatrick once suggested. Having said that I don't have a calibrated screen, so, no doubt there is room for improvement!

3 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

Thanks for the endorsement! Glad you're putting the tips and techniques I outlined into practice, and that it's paying off for you.

My next workshop, again in Cirencester, will be on Saturday 7th of April 2018.

More details, and feedback from lots more previous participants, here:

https://www.abbeyphotoschool.co.uk/alamy-sales-seminar

km

Keith, i wrote u a PM on that

1 hour ago, Phil Robinson said:

I wish I could tell you Phil but it would require an essay and I can't remember what I did step by step.  It involved screenshots imported into LR then cropped and exported as jpegs to upload onto my website.  Copying the URL didn't work for some reason so I copied onto the "insert existing attachment".  I'm sure there must have been an easier way. Sorry I can't be more helpful but I doubt I could redo it myself.

Pearl

1 hour ago, Alex Ramsay said:

Alternatively, take a screenshot of the part of the graph you want to show, upload it to Dropbox, and then drag it from the Dropbox window into your post

That may well work Alex.  But I wonder why it didn't work for you.  You only show the name of a jpg file. No link.  No picture.  Maybe try again.

51 minutes ago, Pearl said:

I wish I could tell you Phil but it would require an essay and I can't remember what I did step by step.  It involved screenshots imported into LR then cropped and exported as jpegs to upload onto my website.  Copying the URL didn't work for some reason so I copied onto the "insert existing attachment".  I'm sure there must have been an easier way. Sorry I can't be more helpful but I doubt I could redo it myself.

Pearl

You got it right Pearl.  I favored "insert image from URL" and then just added .jpg after the URL to show the image.

10 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

Bryan on my screen your pics seem not processed. Poor saturation and contrast and some a bit overexposed.sDo you think this could be a way to sell more ?

I mean, OOC pics?

It's not Bryan, it's you.

Actually I'm considering taking a leaf out of Bryan's book and pulling mine up a bit in future. No problem at all.

11 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

I mean, OOC pics?

Look fine on mine Bryan.

How was your 2017 KODAKovic?

My 2017 was ok but the rise in sales corresponded to a rise in the volume uploaded.
Not happy with some of the low value sales, and had a $88 refund yesterday, so I owe Alamy money right now!
Would like to see a more aggressive sales platform, the website, Facebook and Twitter seem a bit wishy washy, very often linking to sites away from Alamy, ie when giving us tips (which are usually aimed at total amateurs).
Infringement payments were very good, and in 2018 I will be pursuing a National UK TV company VIA  IPEC as they won't pay for infringement use of for images of mine on their regional website without me signing a non disclosure agreement.

Increased sales in the future are down to me, I must work harder and take more opportunities to shoot and also carry on working on my legacy images which are a caption/keyword nightmare, and AIM isn't helping me on the old stuff.

Happy New Year fellow photographers, onward and upwards.

Image11.jpg

Image12.jpg

92 sales. About 15 less sales than last year which I reckon is down to the loss of DM. Newspaper sales make up most of my sales and I don't know what I'd do without them even if they are for such small amounts. It took till June before sales picked up for me after the algorithm change last year. That p'd me off somewhat and I didn't upload much until the later part of the year. Hopefully I can crack on again now. One large licence contributed to my BYE for revenue but without it I would have been trailing last years total. I'm not sure how 2018 will pan out but I'm hopeful that even if I don't get any very big sales I may do at least as well and to that end I'll keep uploading and plugging away at the legacy tagging. Good luck to everyone for next year and may everyone who reports in the "Have you found" threads get every little bit of luck that's going. 

Slange y va

Best year ever for volume (168). Nothing to shout about but I do like the curve direction.

It was fun to try and beat last year's sales, now I have to start again from zero...

aplxJSC0BoByLWviN_20G5ZbYIAYSavV_w6zbvbm

Second best year ever for revenue.

nFOT9GBFU-7WY_c1yCUz5GJe7nY7TKN3nyY6m7P9

I haven't got a curve for RPI but obviously it's pointing the other way.

Gen

191 sales 

Compared to 2016:

+20% in sales

+40% in revenues

Compared to 2013:

+55% in sales

+26% in revenues

Best year to so far on Alamy. 

pixel.gifI failed trying to get these graphs. It doesn't seem to work if I upload to photoshelter. They would show an intermediate peak in 2013 then a significant drop in 2014, followed by a slow recovery each year which has picked up speed this year. 

Due to pressures from a demanding day job away from photography, I didn't upload many images from 2013 to December 2016. This changed in 2017 where I managed to upload more than 3000 new images increasing my port by 50%. 

pixel.gif

My zooms were surging up until October, hitting 97 for rolling month, but have now crashed back to earth, so not sure what that means for sales going forward. 

Archived