The Good Old Days

colinp

25 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Isn't copyright 70 years after the death of the creator? Presumably safe for a statue of Queen Victoria assuming it is of its time.

Yes, quite possibly. I wish there was more clarity around all that, I've marked far too many of my pics as containing property just to be on the safe side, probably a bad  decision. 

52 minutes ago, imageplotter said:

Yes, quite possibly. I wish there was more clarity around all that, I've marked far too many of my pics as containing property just to be on the safe side, probably a bad  decision. 

I've done the same because I figure that someone else probably owns the property now -- i.e. "property" has a habit of changing hands.

On 03/01/2018 at 17:29, John Mitchell said:

I joined in 2003 but didn't start submitting until mid 2007. Boy, was that a dumb move.

That said, I don't think it's ever too late. In ten years' time these will be considered "the good old days".

Will there be any active contributors left in 10 years time?

30 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

That is my intention.

This is the best job on the world:D

There is no denying its appeal and I wish I could make it pay a living wage. But wth continued deterioration in rpi, might you ever decide it wasn't worth the time, effort and cost to produce new images for stock? 

On 06/01/2018 at 11:40, spacecadet said:

He's from Suffolk. There aren't any bridges.

You'll have to use one of these

JYEE2T.jpg

or these

JAYF4N.jpg

No images but how about these.

Homersfield Bridge

Orwell Bridge

Somerleyton Swing Bridge

Stoke Bridge

Allan;)

Archived