Recommended Posts

How does and when does Alamy QC notify you of a QC failure?  I haven't had a failure since 2008 and over 600 submissions.  I can't remember if the notification comes immediately or what.  I fear I have a failure in the works since I did not receive my daily "QC Pass" notification today.

 

I went back over my images again and there is one image with discoloration along the edge of a TV screen that I guess can be construed as CA.  I didn't see it that way but perhaps they do.  I've had 3 stars for ever so I'm not sure of the procedure any more.

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be unduly worried about the delay Rick. We're nearing Xmas, things will be slower.

I'm also waiting for my batch to pass QC (uploaded yesterday), I haven't failed for years and also have 3 stars.

 

I only ever got 'Congratulations you passed QC' since Alamy have been sending e-mails, but I guess if you failed it would say something like 'Sorry you failed' in the same timeframe.

 

If I were you I would just relax. Keep us posted.

 

Gen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gvallee said:

 

If I were you I would just relax. Keep us posted.

 

Gen 

 

Ah.....good advice.

 

UPDATE:  6:05am (U.S. Central time) I received the "you passed QC" email.  I can now stop obsessing.  I guess because I do obsess over not sending in subpar images delays like this send me over the edge. ;)  

 

What I should have done was have a little Jack Daniels on the rocks, and "forgetta bout it."  :-)  

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my first rejection since day 1 this morning. I had a feeling something was wrong like you did, but I was right. My mistake for uploading the wrong version of the photo.

Anyway, to refresh your memory, you get a "Your Alamy Submission" titled email with the problem noted (file name and reason).

I have a 3 star rating, sales and a very good CTR so hopefully it won't drop me down to a 2 star - I don't know how that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Rick! Mine passed this morning as well.

 

Jack Daniels is always good, even if QC is not involved...

 

Gen

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine are passing at a later time than used to. For a long time here in the US, when I checked 7-8 a.m., they would have passed. Now it’s 9-10-ish. a.m. which is ok, I seldom ready them for sale early anyway. Just noting a departure from the norm.

Betty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I have noticed is a change of sales reporting time. It used to be some time late evening Sydney time, now I see them in the afternoon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gvallee said:

What I have noticed is a change of sales reporting time. It used to be some time late evening Sydney time, now I see them in the afternoon.

 

 

 

Yeah,... I don't have to really worry about that yet. :P

 

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

Well done Rick! Mine passed this morning as well.

 

Jack Daniels is always good, even if QC is not involved...

 

Gen

 

A woman after my own heart!!  Truer words never spoken, Gen!  

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember from my last failure many years ago, they don't inform you promptly but can leave you waiting a couple of weeks before being informed of failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andremichel said:

If I remember from my last failure many years ago, they don't inform you promptly but can leave you waiting a couple of weeks before being informed of failure.

 

All changed now. Notification of fail is as quick as notification of pass. You only have to wait 10 days to start uploading again now unless Alamy say you can upload sooner.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

All changed now. Notification of fail is as quick as notification of pass. You only have to wait 10 days to start uploading again now unless Alamy say you can upload sooner.

 

Allan

 

 

 

I thought that delay was only after the last fallen star?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2017 at 12:49, KFisher said:

I just got my first rejection since day 1 this morning. I had a feeling something was wrong like you did, but I was right. My mistake for uploading the wrong version of the photo.

Anyway, to refresh your memory, you get a "Your Alamy Submission" titled email with the problem noted (file name and reason).

I have a 3 star rating, sales and a very good CTR so hopefully it won't drop me down to a 2 star - I don't know how that works.

 

Sorry to hear of the failure but thank you for the information.  I'm glad I don't know the procedure though.  :-) 

 

I have that 3 star rating but my CTR has plummeted since May of this year.  Glad to hear of your success!!  You've got some beautiful images!!

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

All changed now. Notification of fail is as quick as notification of pass. You only have to wait 10 days to start uploading again now unless Alamy say you can upload sooner.

 

Allan

 

 

 

I was ok to upload the next day thank goodness. I have a 3 star so maybe that's why, but for whatever reason, I was very relieved. Didn't like that "sorry" email at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KFisher said:

 

I was ok to upload the next day thank goodness. I have a 3 star so maybe that's why, but for whatever reason, I was very relieved. Didn't like that "sorry" email at all.

 

It has all changed their is no delay, I had just gained 3 stars from two and my next upload failed.

 

I then failed for CA at the beginning of the month, was notified in the same time it takes to pass the images. then I also uploaded the same images without the CA the next day, I still have 3 stars

 

Chris 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KFisher said:

 

I was ok to upload the next day thank goodness. I have a 3 star so maybe that's why, but for whatever reason, I was very relieved. Didn't like that "sorry" email at all.

 

Hummm! I have only ever had one star, or poor QC rating, so that is why I have to wait 10 days but hopefully I will be receiving more stars soon.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now