Refund From Eighteen Months Ago

It seems not.  I just today had a refund for an image sold Sept 2016.  It had never been paid for so at least the money had not got to my account.  It was for a corporate package, internal and external use.  How does Alamy know they didn't use it?

Pearl

This can spoil any day. Obviously you weren't paid at least - as must have been uncleared, or what (Alamy bad debt)?

I guess you have made the obvious searches to see whether it has been used. (Google Image Search, Tineye on Firefox, and Google Book searches).

Niels

39 minutes ago, Normspics said:

Video is really difficult to search, the photo way of searching doesn’t work, you mainly have to hope for a credit on a movie which Google will find or have other contributors give you notice if they see something.

Sorry I failed to notice that. 

A few years ago it was possible to find frames in a Google Image search. I found paid uses of some of mine in this way (not from Alamy). But haven't been able to get satisfactory results recently, and requires that the clip is online.

2 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

This can spoil any day. Obviously you weren't paid at least - as must have been uncleared, or what (Alamy bad debt)?

I guess you have made the obvious searches to see whether it has been used. (Google Image Search, Tineye on Firefox, and Google Book searches).

Niels

Google book searches - there is a new one on me. Does it find images on the cover and inside?  Sounds useful.

Archived