Liam Bunce

Out and About

Recommended Posts

Hi all 

I've been out and about with the new Sony A6500 and really enjoying it I've not got to grips with all of the settings yet but we are getting there, images below your comments would be greatly appreciated also I would like to know if there is an adapter for the sony that I could use with my sigma DG 120-400 1:4.5-5.6 APO HSM lens.

 

Liam

The old and the new Hereford Cathedral and the Left Bank Majestically sat on the banks of the river Wye Hereford - Stock Image

 

Hereford Cathedral  on the banks of the river Wye, just visable through a snow storm Hereford UK 2017 - Stock Image

 

Hergest ridge  Kington with the Wheatstone and Clee Hill in the distance Herefordshire UK - Stock Image   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Nice images.

 

I believe Sigma make a Sony adapter but not sure which lenses it works with.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Nice images.

 

I believe Sigma make a Sony adapter but not sure which lenses it works with.

 

Allan

 

 

 Cheer Allan, have a great Christmas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Liam,

 

Another very happy 6500 user here!  In particular I make a lot of use of the inbuilt image stabilisation with old film era lenses. Great to be able to shoot at 1/8th or 1/15th second with wide angles and be reasonably sure of a sharp result.

 

Re the Sigma I have a Canon fit Sigma 100-300 f4 FF lens that I would love to be able to use with the Sony. Unfortunately the Sigma adapter doesn't accommodate that lens. I found out by contacting Sigma UK directly and suggest that you do the same. I guess that you may be more lucky as my lens is a bit of an antique.

 

Edit - Just found the message


Sigma Service <service@sigma-imaging-uk.com>
Aug 14

to me 
Morning Bryan,

 

Thanks for your email.

 

The MC11 is designed specifically for our Sigma Global Vision range of lenses so we cannot guarantee functionality with the Sigma 100-300mm F4. Sorry

 

 

 

Edited by Bryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the information Bryan. On the ball as usual. I was looking at a long lens for the Sony myself but balk at Sony's prices for their own. Will look up Sigma Global Vision range.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the list of compatible lenses that Sigma provides. &nbsp; 

Your lens may still work but may not auto focus well or at all.  If you don't mind focusing manually then it isn't a problem.  You can set the camera for focus peaking it helps immensely with manual focus lenses.  I have the Sigma 17-50 f2.8 which doesn't work well with the Sony A6000 and the MC-11 adapter but the Canon 70-200 2.8L seems to work ok.  I have quite a few old manual focus lenses that work just fine with the camera and all produce images that will pass QC.  There is also the Metabones Adapter which many recommend and there are some cheaper ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bryan said:

Hi Liam,

 

Another very happy 6500 user here!  In particular I make a lot of use of the inbuilt image stabilisation with old film era lenses. Great to be able to shoot at 1/8th or 1/15th second with wide angles and be reasonably sure of a sharp result.

 

Re the Sigma I have a Canon fit Sigma 100-300 f4 FF lens that I would love to be able to use with the Sony. Unfortunately the Sigma adapter doesn't accommodate that lens. I found out by contacting Sigma UK directly and suggest that you do the same. I guess that you may be more lucky as my lens is a bit of an antique.

 

Edit - Just found the message


Sigma Service <service@sigma-imaging-uk.com>
Aug 14

to me 
Morning Bryan,

 

Thanks for your email.

 

The MC11 is designed specifically for our Sigma Global Vision range of lenses so we cannot guarantee functionality with the Sigma 100-300mm F4. Sorry

 

 

 

Hi Bryan

 

Thanks for that, I were able to use the info regarding LR6 and managed to upgrade for £64 which was a great help as I did not have to download the DNG converter although that was free I preferred the upgrade to LR.

 

I have been trying out a few of the scene modes particularly the night scene which works very well even when handheld (thanks to the image stabilisation) the only downside is that it only produces jpeg.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Johnnie5 said:

Here is the list of compatible lenses that Sigma provides. &nbsp; 

Your lens may still work but may not auto focus well or at all.  If you don't mind focusing manually then it isn't a problem.  You can set the camera for focus peaking it helps immensely with manual focus lenses.  I have the Sigma 17-50 f2.8 which doesn't work well with the Sony A6000 and the MC-11 adapter but the Canon 70-200 2.8L seems to work ok.  I have quite a few old manual focus lenses that work just fine with the camera and all produce images that will pass QC.  There is also the Metabones Adapter which many recommend and there are some cheaper ones.

Hi Jonnnie5

 

Many thanks for the links they're a great help.

 

Liam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now