When do you need a property release for buildings?

I have a couple of questions about property releases for buildings.

If you take a photo of part of a city – from a tower, for instance – would you need a release for every qualifying/recognizable building in the photo? Or if in a landscape photo there's a lighthouse in the distance?

(This may be a stupid question. In any case.) Do you need a release for photos of buildings that have been demolished after the photos were taken? 

To be safe, I always check the release required but not available box if there is property within the image. If it is a scenic view and there happens to be incidental property in far distance probably not necessary.

Just now, Niels Quist said:

- and remember to tick the correct boxes in the "Optional" tap section about property and people - and that you have no releases.

Or, if you prefer, make the image RF Editorial.

Snap!!

I also prefer the RM option because

1)  if Alamy wants to license the image as RF-editorial they will anyway regardless of the RM designation, and,

2)  commercial buyers who are willing to take a chance on releases will not be excluded from licensing the image.

Archived