Will it be worth it?

9 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

We can only speculate about what the 'exclusive to Alamy' button does - maybe it's going to do something in future (?).

As I understand it the exclusive to Alamy option means that Alamy don't need to contact the contributor when negotiating an 'exclusive' sale to a client as they'll have the full sales history for the image(s).

24 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

As I understand it the exclusive to Alamy option means that Alamy don't need to contact the contributor when negotiating an 'exclusive' sale to a client as they'll have the full sales history for the image(s).

I've read that too, but do you know if that info was given officially? Otherwise someone might honestly tick that the file is currently exclusive to Alamy although it may have previously sold elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Precisely.

You can never recall an RF image. It has flown the nest beyond any control.

An irrelevant dig at RF, as it happens.

From what I said (I've corrected the stupid mistake) it could have been a file previously sold elsewhere as RM, for which Alamy wouldn't have a full history.

5 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Not really the point is it. Once an image has been sold as RF you have no control over it. 

Why do you interpret that as a 'dig'?

Why did you hijack my question about whether ticking the exclusive box means that a file is 'currently exclusive to Alamy (but may have been sold elsewhere)' or may have 'previously sold elsewhere but is now exclusive on Alamy' to an RF issue, because for this particular question, RF/RM is irrelevant.

By doing that, you were submerging a genuine question, meaning it was unlikely to be answered.

Haha!  blimey Ian! talk about a chip??  I am just having general conversation, exclusive or not, could have been anybody, me, Brian, you. I thought you joined some micro before leaving you know what, SS or something well obviously I was wrong. No big deal! not the end of the world.

Tell us then since you are Alamy exclusive, how is it going, any good??

I believe that ticking the "Exclusive" box is to let Alamy know that it is not with any other library, or that you have not licensed the image to others yourself, in case of a reported unauthorised use being put forward. Saves Alamy time in searching for other source licences.

Allan

So stop bickering and get back to work.:)

ITMA

Archived