6 sales of one image today, too good to be true?

5 low value distributor sales for the same amount and one direct for a more respectable amount. Not got any other details as yet.

It's not a live news image, pretty nondescript in fact. Suspect an error on the part of the purchaser, with refunds due tomorrow,  but wondering if anyone else has seen this?

25 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Are the usage terms the same for all the sales?

Don't know as yet John, that will probably come through later this evening.

You are looking well in that red hat ;)

Thanks Vincent, maybe there won't be a refund.

Sales details have now become available, five of  them are like this

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 November 2017
End: 01 November 2022

And the sixth is the same save it is for a UK customer.

Yet more weirdness, on this one.

Today, and relating to the same bunch of sales, two small positive amounts appeared in the deductions column with corresponding positive additions in the Due column. Then  a -ve sale amount ( the same as one of the original distributor sale fees) with nothing in the deductions column  resulting in a negative value in the Due column.

Not to worry (too much) a more healthy $50 direct sale popped in this morning!

Edit, I guess that the small positive amounts related to the distributor and Alamy commissions on the original sale. Maybe there is no other way that the system can handle a distributor refund. Question is will there now be further similar refunds on this sale?

11 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Should be safe now, surely??

Not necessarily, I had a refund months after a sale.

However, newspaper uses seem often to be reported as a lump, often with the same date. Support says the dates aren't necessarily accurate as to use (when questioning use outwith the stated date range)(which IMO is 'odd' re RM, as it makes it very difficult to keep tabs).

2 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Not necessarily, I had a refund months after a sale.

However, newspaper uses seem often to be reported as a lump, often with the same date. Support says the dates aren't necessarily accurate as to use (when questioning use outwith the stated date range)(which IMO is 'odd' re RM, as it makes it very difficult to keep tabs).

Yes its a regular seller in the newspapers.

As you say could be catch up.

On 12/11/2017 at 17:08, Bryan said:

5 low value distributor sales for the same amount and one direct for a more respectable amount. Not got any other details as yet.

It's not a live news image, pretty nondescript in fact. Suspect an error on the part of the purchaser, with refunds due tomorrow,  but wondering if anyone else has seen this?

That happened once to me - and no refunds - I think they used the small images on several different pages and the larger one on the front page

Good luck!

Kumar (the Doc one)

Archived