Michael Ventura

December Challenge, "Taste" as in anything food or drink

Recommended Posts

Three from me:

 

Thin, curling dark leaves of Tuscan black kale, cavolo nero, Brassica oleracea, on an Autumn allotment

 

thin-curling-dark-leaves-of-tuscan-black-kale-cavolo-nero-brassica-H0GHHP.jpg

 

Edible flowers of the pineapple guava, Acca sellowiana  (Quite tasty, actually)

 

edible-flowers-of-the-pineapple-guava-acca-sellowiana-E60T1F.jpg

 

'Death by Garden House' rich chocolate cake decorated with fruit and fruit puree.  Delicious, but now off limits for me.

 

death-by-garden-house-rich-chocolate-cake-decorated-with-fruit-and-H3ATNG.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I'd lower the tone of the thread! funnily enough I think it popped out of a bag of Aldi carrots, lol. This actually sold to an English tabloid back in October, as per here https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/food/4575325/no-one-wants-to-buy-this-cheeky-looking-sweet-potato-so-would-you-pop-it-in-your-trolley/

 

EYB6WE.jpg

 

 

An old Greek woman sorting Fry that's just been landed...

 

KPYMCA.jpg

 

Sharing some cake...

 

EXH0K0.jpg

 

Edited by Steve Hyde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Planets said:

Last minute entry

 

Home Baking

 

home-baking-KW1DYN.jpg

 

Be-Ro!  Brings back wonderful memories of my dear late mum baking in the kitchen and me thinking I was helping her, but in actual fact I was useless! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2017 at 19:03, Steve Hyde said:

I thought I'd lower the tone of the thread! funnily enough I think it popped out of a bag of Aldi carrots, lol. This actually sold to an English tabloid back in October, as per here https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/food/4575325/no-one-wants-to-buy-this-cheeky-looking-sweet-potato-so-would-you-pop-it-in-your-trolley/

 

EYB6WE.jpg

 

 

An old Greek woman sorting Fry that's just been landed...

 

KPYMCA.jpg

 

Sharing some cake...

 

EXH0K0.jpg

 

 

Steve, I think I found the top half of your carrot! (PS. not a competition entry, please forget immediately after viewing :-) )

HM1C8H.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

 

Be-Ro!  Brings back wonderful memories of my dear late mum baking in the kitchen and me thinking I was helping her, but in actual fact I was useless! :lol:

 

The book was my mother's, I used to pretend to help as well.

 

Happy new year

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2017 at 09:55, imageplotter said:

 

Steve, I think I found the top half of your carrot! (PS. not a competition entry, please forget immediately after viewing :-) )

HM1C8H.jpg

 

I think you're right, he's looking like he's in pain, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll squeeze a couple in.

 

Chicken of the Woods ready for picking and eating.

chicken-of-the-woods-mushroom-fungi-grow

 

Rhino enjoys his hay at the Toronto Zoo

 

endangered-white-rhinoceros-eating-hay-a

 

Carp fight over a Cheeto at the Toronto Zoo

 

school-of-carp-fighting-over-a-cheeto-at

 

Jill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now