Hello from Yorks/Lancs

Tonybassplayer

Just thought I would drop in to say hello

I have been taking my photography more seriously this year and intend to ramp it up a bit more in 2018 with more  time spent out with the camera etc 

Managed to successfully get my first three pictures uploaded and approved but I'm sure I will be in the forum many times as there looks to be quite a lot to learn

Tony 

Hello Tony, Welcome to a fellow northerner from one who lives on the right (red rose) side of the border.

I love your images - it is excellent work.  I do wonder if this is the right place for them as they look like they would make excellent prints and wall art. Alamy do produce prints through a third-party printer, but some long-time contributors think that the commission received from prints here is not as good as you may get at a dedicated print-on-demand site. Browse the forum for discussion on this matter.

Just a couple of quick points on your keywords. Make sure you keyword all relevant information about the image (including specific location). On the flip side, avoid keywording anything that is not present. Specifically, more information on the location of the Galloway forest image and I would remove the Flying Scotsman keyword from the Ribblehead image (unless you]re trying to convey the concept of the Flying Scotsman is missing, running behind schedule again :)).

Looks like you are off to a good start. I could really do without competition from the likes of you in this neck of the woods ;).

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Hello Tony, Welcome to a fellow northerner from one who lives on the right (red rose) side of the border.

Surely that's the left side, Joseph? The right side is Yorkshire :)

I hedge my bets. I live in Yorkshire but my father was a Lancastrian.

Alan

Archived