Licensing other peoples pictures

In other words, become an agent?

Philippe was the man for this as he is one. Perhaps you can find him on the FB group.

Otherwise you could simply have an agreement to report sales to the third party. Presumably they trust you ;)

You warrant that you either own the copyright or have the holder's permission when you upload anyway.

There should be no problem. I'm recognised as an agent by Alamy even though I have just a handful of associates. You don't get a better or worse deal. A brief written agreement would be a good idea just so everybody knows where they are. The sales reports will identify the pseudo but the payment statement isn't quite so obvious 

Also, this clause is in the current contract;

Warranties 

You warrant that:

4.5 You hold all permissions needed for the exploitation by third parties of the rights, including, without limitation, from subjects or owners of products or property depicted in the Images and/or original clients for whom the Images may have been created. Any exercise by Alamy of the rights shall not violate the rights of any third party (including, without limitation, the rights of the subject of the Images), in particular with regard to laws relating to trade mark, copyright, indecency and obscenity, privacy, publicity and defamation within the UK, USA or elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Gryf said:

If I may ask, how are you going to share profits in such cases?

Alamy would pay me 50% (except distributors) and I would negotiate the amount I would pay my own contributor, not sure what would be fair though as I would have to edit and keyword the images.

12 hours ago, mickfly said:

Alamy would pay me 50% (except distributors) and I would negotiate the amount I would pay my own contributor, not sure what would be fair though as I would have to edit and keyword the images.

Right. I'm asking as I'm considering exactly the same option - uploading images (mostly archive) of another photographer. 

Would 50/50 split of potential income from Alamy be a fair deal?

Archived