MichaelG

Second sale on Alamy!

I`m here since feb this year and just got my second sale on Alamy! Only 9$ but sure it have to start somewhere :D  

Happy Thursday everyone! :)

• Upvote 1

Congrats . I’m waiting for my first. I still believe it will happen. 😄

2 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Post your good news stories in here. ;) 

will do thanks Sultanpepa 

4 hours ago, ACC said:

Congrats . I’m waiting for my first. I still believe it will happen. 😄

wow really nothing since 2013??? :o 

40 minutes ago, MichaelG said:

wow really nothing since 2013??? :o 

It looks like he originally only uploaded 9 photos and waited years before doing more. I suspect it is not as bad as it seems and he will sell. My opinion.

Paulette

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NYCat said:

It looks like he originally only uploaded 9 photos and waited years before doing more. I suspect it is not as bad as it seems and he will sell. My opinion.

Paulette

You’re right. I passed start up QC in 2013 then put in a few submissions which all failed and I didnt understand why so I got disillusioned and gave up. I decided to try again this summer and all but that first set have been added this year. 

3 hours ago, ACC said:

You’re right. I passed start up QC in 2013 then put in a few submissions which all failed and I didnt understand why so I got disillusioned and gave up. I decided to try again this summer and all but that first set have been added this year. 

that explains it... my path was exactly the same. Got discouraged for exactly the same reason few years back by another agency and never looked back until this year... 

anyway good luck ACC! hope you will get your first sale soon and more soon after that!

all the best 

Micheal  

8 hours ago, MichaelG said:

that explains it... my path was exactly the same. Got discouraged for exactly the same reason few years back by another agency and never looked back until this year... 

anyway good luck ACC! hope you will get your first sale soon and more soon after that!

all the best 

Micheal  

thanks 😄

Angela

Exactly the same path for me too. I joined Alamy in 2014 without uploading images .   Then decided to try to pass QC this summer but failed my 2 first submissions : one because there was a problem with upload : only 2 files of  3 where uploaded, and the second because of 'no meta data' reason for one file (in fact there was metadata in all 3 files so I did not understand). Finally I passed QC in september. My target is to reach 1000 images before the end of year; and mainly exclusive images... I think I'll make it happen but I am still waiting for my first sale. Wait (work) and see...

On 12/9/2017 at 17:52, Southmind said:

Exactly the same path for me too. I joined Alamy in 2014 without uploading images .   Then decided to try to pass QC this summer but failed my 2 first submissions : one because there was a problem with upload : only 2 files of  3 where uploaded, and the second because of 'no meta data' reason for one file (in fact there was metadata in all 3 files so I did not understand). Finally I passed QC in september. My target is to reach 1000 images before the end of year; and mainly exclusive images... I think I'll make it happen but I am still waiting for my first sale. Wait (work) and see...

It will! patience is the key to success ;) Good Luck!  

• Upvote 1