geogphotos

Archive subs by ftp

Before I bother CR I wonder if anybody on the forum can help.

I submit to stock by ftp. How about to Archive - how does the ftp address change for Subs to Archive?

Thanks in advance

Edited by geogphotos

I submit on my other machine, but IIRC in Filezilla Archive just appears as one of the destination folders alongside News and Stock. So it's /archive instead of /stock.

I've just put FileZilla on my new lappy but although I can submit news ok I can't submit stock via FTP as they fail, any idea what I may be doing wrong?
Coincidentally, my AIM is now littered with 'processing error' batches, pity they can't be hidden to save scrolling!

12 minutes ago, mickfly said:

I've just put FileZilla on my new lappy but although I can submit news ok I can't submit stock via FTP as they fail, any idea what I may be doing wrong?
Coincidentally, my AIM is now littered with 'processing error' batches, pity they can't be hidden to save scrolling!

Are you sending to a folder called 'Stock'?

Your remote site pane should look something like this.

Capture.jpg

If you edit your FZ shortcut target to read something like this

"C:\Program Files\FileZilla FTP Client\filezilla.exe" -c, --site="0/alamyFTP"

you can have FZ open directly in /stock so you can't drag to the wrong folder. Like this.

Capture.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

Thanks again

I tried sending to 'Archive' but it failed. CR inform me that I should use 'Archive Stock' not sure if it needs an underscore.

I downloaded/uploaded what I had to send today so will have to wait to confirm this. 

As I send from Photoshelter I don't see these ftp panes

5 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Thanks again

I tried sending to 'Archive' but it failed. CR inform me that I should use 'Archive Stock' not sure if it needs an underscore.

I downloaded/uploaded what I had to send today so will have to wait to confirm this. 

Sorry, yes it is archive_stock, my memory was faulty. I just assumed you were seeing the remote folders.

I'm no expert but  I think you probably would need the underscore.

Edited by spacecadet

16 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Thanks again

It's Archive_Stock.

You need to double-click on it before the transfer.

25 minutes ago, vpics said:

It's Archive_Stock.

You need to double-click on it before the transfer.

Thanks

This is how I have Filezilla set up, the same as the example above, but it has been failing even though it connects at first.
The only difference with live news is the host address.

p2664190482-6.jpg

That's just what I have.

My LR export folders appear in the lower left pane and I just drag them across to the right lower.

12 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

That's just what I have.

My LR export folders appear in the lower left pane and I just drag them across to the right lower.

I'm not sure what the problem is then, although we are in a rented holiday apartment right now and the normal web upload method is very very slow.
News via FTP was still fine though.

I'll try a few images to stock tonight via FTP and see if it has got better, thanks.

You might get something from the activity log, although I have to say that since I got it going it's invariably flawlessat my end. So maybe your connection is dropping. The log might say. I think FZ puts it in your local folder by default. It's called filezilla.log.

Stick with it. FTP is a breeze beside the uploader. It's at least 10 times faster here but then I have fibre.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

You might get something from the activity log, although I have to say that since I got it going it's invariably flawlessat my end. So maybe your connection is dropping. The log might say. I think FZ puts it in your local folder by default. It's called filezilla.log.

Stick with it. FTP is a breeze beside the uploader. It's at least 10 times faster here but then I have fibre.

I have used FTP clients a lot in the past so am fairly au fait with them, so I think it may be this connection. I am currently uploading five files using the web page and it has been nearly 40 mins!

I didn't have FileZilla set to create a log (I have now), but have run the setup wizard and the connection fails!

I'll try using my mobile phone as a hotspot later and try to FTP some more via that route.

Uploaded in just a few moments using FTP and my mobile hotspot, so the problem is on the router in the holiday flat, great download speed, lousy upload speed.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Geo.

12 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Thanks again

You do have archive privilege, do you?

wim

7 hours ago, wiskerke said:

You do have archive privilege, do you?

wim

Yes. This works:

archive_stock