JBross

Attach File to Forum Question

Recommended Posts

I am new to Alamy and I am trying to learn my way around. I have a question I would like to ask about the discoverability settings for one of my images and I think my question would best be explained if I could attach a few screen shots. Is it possible to attach small jpg files? I see a link at the bottom of this form that says "insert other media," but I can't seem to get to a point where I can upload images for the explanation.

 

Thank you for your responses.

 

J. Ross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JBross said:

I am new to Alamy and I am trying to learn my way around. I have a question I would like to ask about the discoverability settings for one of my images and I think my question would best be explained if I could attach a few screen shots. Is it possible to attach small jpg files? I see a link at the bottom of this form that says "insert other media," but I can't seem to get to a point where I can upload images for the explanation.

 

Thank you for your responses.

 

J. Ross

You have to have the images already hosted on a website somewhere. Then you use the insert button to link to the location.

 

EDIT: just do a search for 'free image hosting', if you don't have your own website. 

Edited by losdemas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how about using Dropbox w/a shared folder?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me if I drop something, I'm trying to use Drobox. 

 

file:///Users/edwardprooney/Desktop/Snaps%20/spaghetti-bolognese-in-an-ornate-italian-bowl-KH24JF.jpg

 

Hmm. That didn't work. 

 

 

Edited by Ed Rooney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There you go Edo:

http://c7.alamy.com/comp/KH24JF/spaghetti-bolognese-in-an-ornate-italian-bowl-KH24JF.jpg

If it's already on Alamy, just drag and drop.

Make sure you click on the reply box first to "open" it. This is different from before the makeover.

 

wim

 

edit: alternatively: click on the Insert other media button and paste the address.

How to find the address on Alamy (or anywhere else: right click on an image and click on view image; then copy the address from the address bar.)

 

To post a whole image with dropbox:

Go to the image in a list and click the share button next to it. Or go to the image on the image page and click on the blue share button in the upper right hand corner. In the box that appears in both cases click Create a link, which copies that link to your clipboard as well, no need to copy it.

Then go to insert other media again in the  reply box here and either use the insert other media button again, which will show your image when it's a jpg.

Or highlight a word and use the chain link button from the menu bar and paste the link in the box that opens. This will not show your image in the post, but it does alloow all sort of files like RAW or TIFF or NEF.

 

Edited by wiskerke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes! Once again -- Wim to the rescue.

 

I used to drag and drop from my Alamy collection, but I have not been able to do that since the AIM arrived. Obviously I have the step-by-step wrong. I shall now attempt to do things right.

 

Thanks, Wim. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ed Rooney said:

Yikes! Once again -- Wim to the rescue.

 

I used to drag and drop from my Alamy collection, but I have not been able to do that since the AIM arrived. Obviously I have the step-by-step wrong. I shall now attempt to do things right.

 

Thanks, Wim. :)

If you don't mind the smaller image, right click on your AIM popup, copy image location and paste into the reply box. If you want the biggest image just do the same on the image's Alamy page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

If you don't mind the smaller image, right click on your AIM popup, copy image location and paste into the reply box. If you want the biggest image just do the same on the image's Alamy page.

 

Or copy the web address to the Alamy image (a right click on the image when viewing the image normally on Alamy) and use "Insert other media" at the right, bottom of the text box for writing posts, then click "Insert image from URL" and paste.

 

If you want the bigger image the link should contain the word 'comp' if you want the smaller image change this to 'zooms' - the rest of the link should be left undisturbed.

 

Niels

Edited by Niels Quist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The advantage of using the image that is in the image manager is that there is no distortion (although it will be a bit smaller). Personally, I like the smaller size (unless I am standing halfway across the room.:)).

 

Paulette 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYCat said:

The advantage of using the image that is in the image manager is that there is no distortion (although it will be a bit smaller). Personally, I like the smaller size (unless I am standing halfway across the room.:)).

 

Paulette 

 

spaghetti-bolognese-in-an-ornate-italian

 

spaghetti-bolognese-in-an-ornate-italian

 

It turns out the inserted image has handles.

All the others of course have known this all along. But I have only found out earlier today.

Anyway it seems that the image is scalable this way. Whether it will scale with the screen/window size I don't know yet.

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now