Be careful, I've just noticed that the Alamy website is being reported by two different browsers as insecure and not properly encrypted, leaving it open to hackers. I've sent an email to Alamy to ask about this.

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Just wondering, Allan: do you have trouble now and then getting on MyAlamy with Safari? I do. 

Not had any trouble to date. I was on Sierra now on High Sierra.

Allan

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, HollyGraphic said:

Yes, I noticed that, Even the payment page looks to be not encrypted. Anyone have any new info about this? I am just starting here and don't like to put in passwords etc. over a non-encrypted network.

On 04/12/2017 at 15:35, Robert said:

Response from Alamy - payment details and passwords are encrypted

Several months I got a similar warning on several sites  (Drupal or Joomla!) I manage. It took me a couple of hours or so to convert them (~6 sites) so that they are all entirely https, so there is not really any excuse for not using https.

As an aside I have my browser (FF) set to private browsing/ no tracking as well - shows a shield in the address box. I sometimes need to switch it off as it occasionally (very rarely) blocks ads I want to see (usually when testing one of my managed sites).

I paid to have even my blog set to be secure . You'd think Alamy would do it. I worry about how safe our photos are when I hear things like this. I noticed that it wasn't secure on Chrome - Safari doesn't show anything. I wonder if it keeps new customers from signing up - that would be a big concern. Just doesn't make sense to me why it's not totally secure. 

Archived