.....some time ago you posted a recommended set up for the X-T2.

I can't find it now, so I wondered if you'd mind re-posting it please ?

Or if anyone else has a similar resource / view please post.

I have just won one in a competition, he said feeling very pleased with himself.

thanks

Geoff

14 minutes ago, geoff s said:

I have just won one in a competition, he said feeling very pleased with himself.

thanks

Geoff

was it this post?

http://discussion.alamy.com/topic/6333-my-x-t2-coming/

i was reading it the other day

J

35 minutes ago, geoff s said:

thanks

Geoff

Cough, splutter, you lucky 😈 you! I don't think that's the thread that Geoff is referring to, James. No time to find it right now, but enjoy your new toy,  Geoff! :P ;) :)

I can’t find the post, either.

Heres how mine is setup. If I skip over a setting it’s because I don’t use it/don’t understand it.

IQ

Image Quality -Raw

Raw recording-uncompressed

Film Sim -Provia/standard

Grain Effect -off

Dynamic Range - 100

white balance-auto

Highlight tone -0

Shadow tone -0

Color -0

Noise reduction -0

Long exposure NR -off

Lens modulation optimizer -on

color space -Adobe RGB

AF mode- up to you, I use spot a lot

AF point display -on

# of focus points -91

pre AF -off

AF Illuminator -on

Face/eye detection x I have it off

AF +MF -on

MF assist - Peak-red-low

focus check -on

Interlock spot AE +Focus area -on

Instant AF setting -AF-S

skip

Shutter type-MS

IS mode -Continuous

ISO auto setting -auto 1

skip a bunch

SETUP

User Setting -where to find the card format function

set date and time

sensor clean -when switched off

SOUND SETUP -your choice

SCREEN SETTING

EVF -brightness -minus 1

EVF COLOR- 0

LCD BRIGHTNESS -1

LCD COLOR -0

Image display -1.5 sec

autorotate display -On

Preview Exp./WB in manual mode -Preview EXP/WB

Preview picture effect -On

Framing guideline -Grid 9

Autorotate PB -ON

Skip some

Shoot Without lens -OFF (if adapted lens you turn on, I think)

Shoot without card -On (not sure but may warn you of no card in camera) I get a warning and it’s a blessing

Frame no. -Continuous

Now that I’ve spent hours at this and drained my camera battery, if I ever come across the Pond I want a guided shoot! :D

Betty

By the way. I suggest you join the Fuji-X forum. There are some settings on these cameras that will cause something else to not work. It’s a very different camera, but I love it, quirks and all. My name there is Alice. (My middle name)

If you run into trouble the forum people will help you. Read the camera specific forums, there is a wealth of info available.

Niels found it, but didn’t want to make me feel bad after I spent a couple of hours copying the settings from my camera. That’s ok, Niels, go ahead and post it, it’s fine. Maybe I’d like a look at those settings myself to see if anything changed! Plus the old post “might” have some of the settings I skipped over this time. You are a thoughtful gentleman.

Betty

Thanks to everyone. I've just moved over to the X-T system. A challenge with my big mitts! A lot to get my head around after being so comfortable with Canon (D)SLRs for so many years now, but all this info will help. Enjoying it already, though! :)

What I love about the T1 and T2 are those lovely dials. Today I took my new macro out for a spin. So easy to change settings...just grab a dial.  Probably the hardest thing coming in was that the exposure comp dial needs to be realized as important. I have my histogram showing. So I watch it and dial in exposure comp to get the histogram where I want it if I don’t want to change aperture or shutter speed.

Sometimes a +1 is all I need for the perfect exposure.

But I believe it doesn’t work while in some shooting modes. Manual? I don’t remember. Maybe auto ISO...that would make sense.

Betty

1 minute ago, Betty LaRue said:

What I love about the T1 and T2 are those lovely dials. Today I took my new macro out for a spin. So easy to change settings...just grab a dial.  Probably the hardest thing coming in was that the exposure comp dial needs to be realized as important. I have my histogram showing. So I watch it and dial in exposure comp to get the histogram where I want it if I don’t want to change aperture or shutter speed.

Sometimes a +1 is all I need for the perfect exposure.

But I believe it doesn’t work while in some shooting modes. Manual? I don’t remember. Maybe auto ISO...that would make sense.

Betty

Fuji does allow use of the exposure comp dial in manual mode, with auto ISO on.  It really comes in handy.  I found your comment interesting about dialing in +1 EV to get perfect exposure.  I was finding that in a lot of situations while shooting the X-T2 I needed +2/3rds EV (+0.6 EV) to get the histogram where I wanted it, even in flat light.  It really does help keeping the noise down in the shadows when bringing them up in post.  I think Fuji, like Nikon, is desperately trying to preserve highlights in their metering algorithms.  The great thing about the Fuji is it is so easy to compensate for the under exposure, before you take the shot.  I kept my exposure comp dial set to +0.3 and compensated from there.

I can't say how impressed I was with the X-T2.  I purchased a 1st generation X-T1 and after struggling with the awkward D-pad focusing system, getting totally frustrated with such cramped space, I sold it.  The new "joystick" makes focusing a breeze even with such a small camera.  

I can say for sure, after the 1st of the year, I will be buying a new X-T2, X-H1 or whatever.  If I can get the same sensor and image results, with IBIS, I will be quite pleased.  

There are some quirks with Fuji that are head-scratchers. I was lost for awhile after Nikon.  I pretty much had to throw out a lot of what I knew and open my mind to a new world. My first shoot was underexposed a lot. But I asked questions on the forum and finally got it right.  But yeah, the T2 is sweeter than the 1, for sure. 

Betty

On 11/29/2017 at 12:20, geoff s said:

thanks

Geoff

By the way, super congratulations on winning that camera, Geoff. You need to come across the pond and we’ll hit Vegas. ;) I’ve been known to be lucky, myself. I can pull a mean slot machine arm. Never been to Vegas and actually wouldn’t go if I won a free trip!

I hope you enjoy the camera a lot. You should feel very pleased with yourself. 

Betty

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

You should feel very pleased with yourself. 

Betty

Believe me I am !

It was serendipity - the right competition for me with the right prize.

(I should say that in general I never win anything)

Very much looking forward to it, I love the X T1 .

Geoff

Archived