DACS claim - ISSN numbers

I'm in the process of submitting a DACs claim but need some ISSN/ISBN or Barcode numbers for some of the publications (I've got tearstrips or limited sales info for each, but unfortunately they don't include the ISSN or Barcode no.). These are for sales that weren't via Alamy.

Does anyone have ISSN or ISBN or Barcode nos for the following UK publications? (I've searched on-line and these are the only ones I've failed to track down).

Gardening Which Magazine

Your Garden Magazine

Ideal Home Magazine

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Mark,

Excellent thanks. The first link works so I've now got the ISSN for "Your Garden" Magazine, but the second link is the same as the first.

Curiosity, with regards to the DACS claims that can be done, how much can you receive in general? I've had a number of images published in UK mags and I'm wondering what the worth is on doing this.

Appreciate any advice!

I did some more searching and found a useful site. The British Library www.bl.co.uk has a massive catalogue (56million) of publications with ISSN, ISBN etc. numbers. On the home page click on catalogues > main catalogue > explore, then enter a title. It's often got multiple items, so watch out for the date and publisher info. Select an item and review the details. It does seem that some publications have multiple ISSN numbers possibly due to reprints or regional variations (e.g. Radio Times Magazine). So it's not an exact science. Amazon seems quite good for current book ISBNs.

The phrase "piece of string" comes to mind, but if you can can come up with both three ISBN Book numbers and three ISSN Magazine numbers and have been at this for a good few years, the remuneration can get up there around the £1000 level. There are six bands of usage for each category raging from just a few to lots & lots. Definitely worth getting started. For too many years, I didn't bother wih DACS, thinking it would be peanuts like the Public Lending scheme.

Sadly, a whole bunch of magazines are trying to escape the scheme due to concerted rights-grabbing terms in their contracts and purchase orders. One of the many ways publishers are using to shaft photographers.

Thanks. Interestingly this link gives a different ISSN (1092-5988) than any of those listed by British Library ( 2042-2164 and 0019-1361 1460-1591). Mmmm... Seems important to match the publication date as the ISSNs change over time.

Curiosity, with regards to the DACS claims that can be done, how much can you receive in general? I've had a number of images published in UK mags and I'm wondering what the worth is on doing this.

Appreciate any advice!

I made my first claim last year. I claimed for 5 images published in two books and three magazines. Received £38. I'm claiming for more this year due to further publications, but the amount may not change due to the "banding" of the claim levels.

If you are claiming for alamy sales you do not need the numbers

Under ISSN / ISBN / Bar code enter '00000 00000'

Under Title enter 'Alamy'

Under Issue number / cover date enter (for this year's claim) '2012'.

then send them a sales spreadsheet by e mail

Kevin

• 11 months later...

Appreciate any advice!

Can't recall how claim size, was quit low and I came out with about £60-£70 so even at low vol it is worth it.

Looking forward to this year (2013) as it is 1-2 levels higher and 2014 is already 30% more than 2013.

Appreciate any advice!

I have claimed for the last two years and the amounts were...

2012, £51 lowest bands - Books 1-6, Mags 1-3 

2013, £80 second band up - Books 7-25, Mags 4-25

So as others have said, worth a few minutes of your time.

Archived