Looking at LR catalog, i noticed a backlog of about 200,000 pics since 2004 , a quarter suitable for Alamy.

My workflow is to select a small portion of each folder and upload to Alamy. The idea behind that is to diversify uploading...as soon as i uploaded enough different subjects i come back to previously managed folders and find new files to upload.

Making this process, my priority are those files i consider belonging to topics more sellable.

How do you guys proceed? Did you end processing your backlog and upload newer shots or you have my same "issue" with many files?

2 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

Looking at LR catalog, i noticed a backlog of about 200,000 pics since 2004 , a quarter suitable for Alamy.

My workflow is to select a small portion of each folder and upload to Alamy. The idea behind that is to diversify uploading...as soon as i uploaded enough different subjects i come back to previously managed folders and find new files to upload.

Making this process, my priority are those files i consider belonging to topics more sellable.

How do you guys proceed? Did you end processing your backlog and upload newer shots or you have my same "issue" with many files?

That's exactly my process!  And yes my backlog is HUGE!

I'm working on a backlog going back to March 2016. I alternate between catching up with older images and any newer images that, fill a gap/are better than those I've already got/I think are saleable/I like.

John.

3 minutes ago, KODAKovic said:

And since you've 3 times my port online is that workflow rewarding?

Not sure how to measure it against others but I'm pretty happy, although I could complain about prices!  How about this, I sell on average 3 images per each 1000 my per month. This pattern picked up in the past 3 months.

10 minutes ago, JeffGreenberg said:

2 workflows:

a. fast workflow -- batch tagging only, "shortcut-but-good-enough" processing

(this gets everything online & for sale asap)

b. regular workflow -- individual tagging, full processing

(this replaces "fast" images, usually several months later, even 6+ months to year later)

note: (b) processing does NOT start from scratch, it picks up where (a) was left at...

note2: (a) images occasionally license before they become (b) images...

wow, thanks for your reply.

i didn't think to this ... it opens up my mind.

the only thing is... don't batch tagging affects badly your Views/Zooms?

thanks again

I’m not against what you are doing, because you are getting them uploaded.  Myself, if I came across images out of those 1333 that stood out, I might put those aside for full processing and tagging. Whether I would do those first or last is the question.

Then again, that’s just me! :D

Betty

Archived