Photo uploaded to alamy sold on profimedia - no sale in history, no notification?!

Hi

I have uploaded a photo on alamy, months later i found out it was sold on profimedia page, to news website, without my knowledge..

no notification of a sale

no sale in the sale history

no funds received

nothing

Someone made a lot of profit on my pic, it was not me though...

what is going on here

19 minutes ago, York Photographer said:

Not uncommon to have chase up Profilemmedia sales, I have often had to find and report usages to get the sales to go on

-Profimedia

Sad but true. However months later is in itself no reason to be alarmed if the sale went through a distributor. They may only report after having been paid.

(In my case it was not months, but years - and this was a while back.)

Also don't hold your breath about that  <> lot of profit on my pic <>

Some of the markets they're selling to, are not the most affluent:

Czech Republic; Slovak Republic; Hungary; Croatia; Slovenia; Serbia; Bulgaria; Ukraine; Romania; Macedonia; Montenegro; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Albania

Some of those also seem to need lots of patrolling to keep them honest.

wim

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

-Profimedia

Sad but true. However months later is in itself no reason to be alarmed if the sale went through a distributor. They may only report after having been paid.

Czech Republic; Slovak Republic; Hungary; Croatia; Slovenia; Serbia; Bulgaria; Ukraine; Romania; Macedonia; Montenegro; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Albania

wim

I've remained out of certain distribution markets for precisely these reasons. Added Czech Republic to the list last April. Probably cutting off my nose to spite my face, but feel happier. 

8 hours ago, wiskerke said:

-Profimedia

wim

The countries wim referred to are apparently well know intellectual property thieves of the highest order, from what I've read elsewhere.  Not the governments but apparently they have little control over their media companies or choose not to get involved in copyright issues.  Something similar to China, I suppose.  This problem has been going on for years.  It has been a while since I read that article (possibly PetaPixel, not sure).

Hopefully Alamy will get it straightened out for you and put a little something in your stocking for Christmas.  :-)  

Rick

Archived