Alamy Measures broken?

• 3 months later...

I've noticed that the database hasn't updated on my images for twenty-four hours. Measures was much later in the morning than usual too. I'm looking for reassurance that I'm not being victimised. Please. Anybody?

32 minutes ago, Craig Yates said:

Database not updated to include yesterdays work, wonder if they are tweaking again or running  a re-rank?

Craig

I sincerely hope they are doing some tweaking as whatever they did last time did me no favours whatsoever and my zooms and sales have nosedived !!

Database seems to have started to catch up now. I'd purposely gone back and dug out some Windsor Castle royal event images from a few years ago which might see some current interest, which have now lost a couple of days of potential searches. Only in my head obviously, but that's where most things live!

Had an odd tech glitch this morning when addding supertags. 2 similar shots, one with 8 one with 10 supertags, clicked on both to then add the 2 supertags from pic 1 to pic 2. It allowed me to click them, but the supertag count kept on 8, allowing me to then add further supertags, without the count updating. Rather weird, not had that before. 

Things seem to be behaving erratically at the moment. The search engine database isn't reliably updating overnight, and sometimes it only partially updates. This morning I have an image appearing in a particular search where the search term was removed from my keywords and caption a day ago in AIM. The term has correctly disappeared from the viewed image and its keywords in the search results, but the image still appears. It would appear to the customer like an impossible result. i.e. why has this image appeared? The search term isn't anywhere to be seen for this image. 

Suspect there are some gremlins behind the scenes, things aren't running quite as smoothly at the moment...

Mark

11 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

I just don't get Alamy Measures when I get these figures

For example in the last week, 2 zooms:

Image 1: Your CTR(%) 50.00 Total CTR(%) 2.00      brilliant you'd think

image 2: Your CTR(%) 11.11 Total CTR(%) 1.32      and again very good

Yet I don't see any change in my total and average figures???

my total CTR 0.35

my average CTR 0.11

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Hi everyone

We've mentioned to our IT team that some of you have spotted strange behavior from Alamy Measures, they're monitoring it at the moment. To explain the above, a high  CTR for one image is unlikely to affect the average. 

Mark, if you would like us to look into the below issue, please email contributors@alamy.com with more details. We would need to know image ref, which keywords you removed, 

and which search is returning the image. 

2 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Things seem to be behaving erratically at the moment. The search engine database isn't reliably updating overnight, and sometimes it only partially updates. This morning I have an image appearing in a particular search where the search term was removed from my keywords and caption a day ago in AIM. The term has correctly disappeared from the viewed image and its keywords in the search results, but the image still appears. It would appear to the customer like an impossible result. i.e. why has this image appeared? The search term isn't anywhere to be seen for this image. 

Suspect there are some gremlins behind the scenes, things aren't running quite as smoothly at the moment...

Mark

Thanks

Alamy

11 hours ago, Alamy said:

Mark, if you would like us to look into the below issue, please email contributors@alamy.com with more details. We would need to know image ref, which keywords you removed, and which search is returning the image. 

Thanks

Alamy

Thanks. The database has now completed its update so everything's back in sync. I've made some more keyword changes tonight (to the same image) and will wait to see what happens tomorrow morning. I'll post a screenshot to contributor services if I see the same effect again.

Mark

22 hours ago, Alamy said:

Mark, if you would like us to look into the below issue, please email contributors@alamy.com with more details. We would need to know image ref, which keywords you removed,  and which search is returning the image. 

Thanks

Alamy

OK it's happened again this morning (inconsistent search results suggesting databases are out of step), so I've just sent all the details with a screenshot to contributor services.

Mark

3 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

OK it's happened again this morning (inconsistent search results suggesting databases are out of step), so I've just sent all the details with a screenshot to contributor services.

Mark

12:00 noon UK time, databases now back in sync (at least for my test image).

5 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

What hope for the rest of us then, you, with over 10,000 images!

Is this normal for the start of a new year?

I don't know, as I only had 3000 odd this time last year. January 2018 was pretty good, and, as you say, having a good sized portfolio had started to ensure fairly regular sales as you'd expect but I seem to have hit a wall

7 minutes ago, tarsierspectral said:

Is sales reporting broken too?  I haven't had a sale since the 10th, which is unusual.  Normally, I have about 15 sales a month on average, but only 3 so far this month and it's already the 19th!  Just a little concerned...

Mine isn't.:)

Archived