Lightroom Perpetual Licence Version Installers & Upgrades

In case its of use to anybody who prefers not to go with the Adobe subscription model but stay with the perpetual version which last update was to 6.13, Adobe have published a page from which all updates from 6.0 to 6.13, and the installers, can be downloaded. Both MAC and Win versions are available.

My recommendation would be to download the file(s) first, then run the patch(s) locally rather than from the on-line source.

14 hours ago, Richard Laidler said:

In case its of use to anybody who prefers not to go with the Adobe subscription model but stay with the perpetual version which last update was to 6.13, Adobe have published a page from which all updates from 6.0 to 6.13, and the installers, can be downloaded. Both MAC and Win versions are available.

My recommendation would be to download the file(s) first, then run the patch(s) locally rather than from the on-line source.

Great work and thanks for posting this.

Allan

10 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Im using lightroom 5 is this a free 6 upgrade? or do I need to buy 6 first then get the updates.

You are joking (as usual). No you're serious this time.  Adobe giving away software. They are making these downloads available for people who have already purchased a license and haven't got a backup copy, presumably in preparation for withdrawing support for perpetual licenses. I don't know if it is still possible to buy/upgrade to Lightroom 6.

4 hours ago, MDM said:

<snip>  I don't know if it is still possible to buy/upgrade to Lightroom 6.

Yes, it is. I upgraded from 5.7 to 6.0 via the Adobe website - then updated to 6.13 via Lightroom. Full DVD versions are still available from certain large retailers. Doubtless not for long, though.

7 hours ago, Shergar said:

Thanks MDM. I'm a dumb old horse, I thought I was getting lucky. 

I know you probably don't want to be saddled with a recurring expense but the subscription is really worth the money, especially in $s. There are features in the subscription version that will never appear in the perpetual one as well as full Photoshop.

5 hours ago, losdemas said:

Yes, it is. I upgraded from 5.7 to 6.0 via the Adobe website - then updated to 6.13 via Lightroom. Full DVD versions are still available from certain large retailers. Doubtless not for long, though.

Still there as of now. Downloading 6 as I write.

Alan

3 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

Still there as of now. Downloading 6 as I write.

Alan

I believe that they have committed to updates until the end of this year (though I doubt that there will be any more updates!), so the program will likely be removed at the stroke of midnight 31.12.17!

EDIT: I'm just happy if I get 6-12 months use out of the license.  In that time I can decide if I want to continue with Adobe or move to another software solution - and I'll have saved on what the subscription would have cost!

7 hours ago, MDM said:

I know you probably don't want to be saddled with a recurring expense but the subscription is really worth the money, especially in $s. There are features in the subscription version that will never appear in the perpetual one as well as full Photoshop.

Sometime I feel like Im flogging a dead horse trying to keep up with it all.

5 hours ago, losdemas said:

I believe that they have committed to updates until the end of this year (though I doubt that there will be any more updates!), so the program will likely be removed at the stroke of midnight 31.12.17!

EDIT: I'm just happy if I get 6-12 months use out of the license.  In that time I can decide if I want to continue with Adobe or move to another software solution - and I'll have saved on what the subscription would have cost!

I was quite happy with 5.6 which I've been using for some time. But I thought I might as well take my last chance to upgrade just in case I get a new camera that isn't supported in 5.

Alan

57 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I updated from within Lightroom and it gave me 6.12, not 6.13. I suspect it doesn't matter.

Paulette

Hey hey hey . Or in my case hay hay hay. Enjoy your 1000th Paulette have a great day.

On 11/9/2017 at 20:23, Richard Laidler said:

I note that the update files get progressively bigger. Does this mean that each update is a "roll-up" of all the previous updates? i.e. to install 6.13 on a new PC do I just need to install LR6.0 and then install the 6.13 update?

Mark 

40 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I note that the update files get progressively bigger. Does this mean that each update is a "roll-up" of all the previous updates? i.e. to install 6.13 on a new PC do I just need to install LR6.0 and then install the 6.13 update?

Mark 

Mark I Downloaded 6 then went to updates in lightroom and it just gave me 6.13 so I DL that and everything is hunky-dory .

50 minutes ago, MDM said:

I think you just install the latest version as these are complete programs, not patches. It will ask you for a license number. I'm on the subscription now so not entirely sure.

On the web page mentioned above the updates can't be the complete programs - they're too small. There are complete versions of 4, 5 and then 6.0 and then a series of patches for 6.0 up to 6.13 that get bigger and bigger. I presume that the downloads for 4 and 5 are the final updated versions of those, but to reach 6.13 it looks like its needs 6.0 then the 6.13 update

Mark

31 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Mark I Downloaded 6 then went to updates in lightroom and it just gave me 6.13 so I DL that and everything is hunky-dory .

Excellent thanks. I've taken a copy of 6.0 and the 6.13 update in both Windows and Mac formats. I never know when they might be needed, but Adobe have a habit of hiding links to the old stuff now they are pushing the subscription version (which I will never use).

Mark

5 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

On the web page mentioned above the updates can't be the complete programs - they're too small. There are complete versions of 4, 5 and then 6.0 and then a series of patches for 6.0 up to 6.13 that get bigger and bigger. I presume that the downloads for 4 and 5 are the final updated versions of those, but to reach 6.13 it looks like its needs 6.0 then the 6.13 update

Mark

Yes you are correct so you only need to get the most recent update after downloading the main file as Shergar says.

Archived