QC Failed and a 10 day ban,

Hi,

I have not submitted anything for a long while. Now I submitted 7 images of which retrospectively I do agree one was poor quality (this one was using a camera not "supported" by Alamy). Remaining 6 were high quality better than I normally submit. However, the entire submission was failed and I got a 10 day ban.

Is this normal that the entire submission gets failed? And what is the case with the ban?

Yup

There is a link discussing it here. When you say "better than I normally submit" means you are submitting below par images. You will spend a lot of time in ten day bans if this is the case. You are supplying images for professional use, which could be postage stamp size or double page glossy spread. It hurts you and Alamy if the client thinks he's getting a top notch high res photo for his big double page just to find that its someone's second class shot. Best stuff only.

http://discussion.alamy.com/topic/8553-failed-submissions-non-discrimination/

52 minutes ago, Colin Woods said:

When you say "better than I normally submit" means you are submitting below par images... It hurts you and Alamy if the client thinks he's getting a top notch high res photo for his big double page just to find that its someone's second class shot...

Thank you Colin for your advice. I probably worded this wrongly. What I mean is that I now have more experience, more knowledge and higher quality camera and lens than I had before. Therefore I believe my current images are of higher quality (technically) than the images submitted in the past (few years back). 

Thank you

6 minutes ago, Pietrach said:

Thank you Colin for your advice. I probably worded this wrongly. What I mean is that I now have more experience, more knowledge and higher quality camera and lens than I had before. Therefore I believe my current images are of higher quality (technically) than the images submitted in the past (few years back). 

Thank you

So if you reject the shot which is "poor quality", you'll be fine...

1 hour ago, Southmind said:

In what case do we get the 10 days ban ? Every time QC fails ?

yep, if not longer. 

basically one does not want to fail QC - and with the clearly laid out rules this should not be too difficult

Ok. It was my first fail yesterday for 'noticeable retouching' on one image. But I passed QC today without pb with the next images. I have 3 QC stars so may be it depends of this stars ... It was my fault this time but if we make a mistake sending a bad file in a batch, there is no way to delete the current batch in AIM. 

I wonder if I will ever get that third star. My last fail was, as far as I can tell, in March of 2014. I don't submit very often so perhaps that is the difference. I actually kind of like to have a bit of time after I submit to steel myself for the dreaded Alamy Image Manager. :(:(:(

Paulette

I can't say I obsess over QC failure, (I've only every failed one image upon initial submission), but it is a bit of a pride thing for me.  I have had 3 stars for some time and would be crushed to lose one.  

Maybe it's me but it seems there might be a little more attention being paid by the QC team lately, or those that fail are more willing to announce it to the Forum.  I would be embarrassed too much to tell on myself.  :D

Before every submission, I review again, for about the fourth time, each image at first 50% looking for softness and/or definition of subject, and then at 100% for flaws.

I hope I've not jinxed myself by all this.  Ha...

Rick 

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

I wonder if I will ever get that third star. My last fail was, as far as I can tell, in March of 2014. I don't submit very often so perhaps that is the difference. I actually kind of like to have a bit of time after I submit to steel myself for the dreaded Alamy Image Manager. :(:(:(

Paulette

I would think you have to 'x' number of failure free submissions, or 'x' number of images that have passed QC without a fail.

Jill

Yes, I think that the number of QC stars has a lot to do with the number of submissions and/or images without a fail. I got promoted to a three-star general last year, and my last failure was in 2014, not really that long ago. However, I tend to upload small submissions regularly. My aim is one upload per week of 12 to 24 images. I'm definitely not a candidate for the Bulk Shooters Club. B)

8 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Well 46 straight passes haven't got me past one star.

How many images in those passes?

Allan

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

I'm on the wrong machine for that but going by my average sub about 1300. It's been a thin year for some reason.

Thank you.:)

Allan

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Well 46 straight passes haven't got me past one star.

I got my third star with my 49th submission during wich I had a "semi-fail" - no ban - for file size below 6 MPix as I cropped the hell out of the picture without noticing it became too small. 

On average I seem to upload about 50 images per batch.  

Archived