Man Nicks Pro Pictures, and is surprised when he gets sued!

Poor chap. I feel so sorry for the poor guy. Lesson learned? Obviously not. He openly says he's going to carry on lifting stuff from Google Images for his business(es).  Guy's an idiot and deserves all he gets from those (malicious!) copyright owners!

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Google Getty extortion letter.

This is where they all get the idea that they are the victim of a malicious photographer.

That there are malicious photographers out there at all.

A bit like patent trolls.

wim

Getty comes really cheap @ $780 per picture. 

The stubborn guy from the OP paid $27.000 to the photographer and had $10.000 in legal fees. 

I was flabbergasted when in the video he said he is still nicking graphics and photos off google search - despite his learnings.

Is there a comparative for stubborn????  

17 hours ago, hdh said:

The stubborn guy from the OP paid $27.000 to the photographer and had $10.000 in legal fees. 

I was flabbergasted when in the video he said he is still nicking graphics and photos off google search - despite his learnings.

And hopefully those statements will be used against him when he is again dragged to court for copyright theft, and increase the punitive part of the damages accordingly.

Just a thought: if he incurred legal fees of $10K  then his lawyers must have seen him coming. Surely they did not advise him to defend the indefensible in court?

If no briefs were written and submitted to the court, I can’t see $10,000. But if dispositions were taken, briefs written, back and forth between attorneys, I could see it.  Several hours are set aside, usually a couple of attorneys attend depos or one attorney and a legal assistant along with a steno.  There’s also arbitration expenses if it went that way.

Been there, done that. Got the tee shirt. But my attorney only got paid if I won a court trial or got a settlement. Contingency agreement. We did the deposition, not arbitration. Settled. The insurance company of the guy driving the truck that hit me paid.

This guy stealing images was so blatantly wrong no way would his attorney(s) take it on contingency unless stupid was his/their middle names.

Betty

11 hours ago, Martin P Wilson said:

And hopefully those statements will be used against him when he is again dragged to court for copyright theft, and increase the punitive part of the damages accordingly.

Just a thought: if he incurred legal fees of $10K  then his lawyers must have seen him coming. Surely they did not advise him to defend the indefensible in court?

He would have had to pay the photographer's court costs as well as his own since he was found guilty.

Jill

• 4 months later...

hopefully he's in a jurisdiction where he will get slammed with punitive damages next time too....because there will be a next time.

On 06/11/2017 at 22:24, hdh said:

I wonder how much revenue he gets every time his Youtube video gets watched?? 213,000 views so far...

Mark 

On 07/11/2017 at 09:24, hdh said:

not stubborn- just stupidity- maybe we can all get a turn to sue him 

Archived