IanDavidson

Dangers of photography

A photographer fell and broke his nose and his camera in the media scrum in Downing Street last week.  At least there were plenty of first aiders  

Cabinet meeting, Downing Street

• Upvote 1

Thought there would have been more photographers taking photos of the poor gents/ladies mishap.

Allan

The photographer posted some pics of his squashed up face later. :-( 

He is fine; but I got a right telling off from another Downing Street photographer for posting this.  I guess that is why there were not more pictures....

Interesting that a news photographer at a public event should object to becoming the subject of a photo. What was the reason you got told off?

I was told it was wrong to photograph one of our own in difficultly (we are quite a tight knit group in Downing Street).  I did respond by point out that the “man down” was not identifiable in the photo.  Also the tog posted photos of his injury later so he was clearly not too bothered....

On 12/12/2017 at 10:36, IanDavidson said:

I was told it was wrong to photograph one of our own in difficultly (we are quite a tight knit group in Downing Street).  I did respond by point out that the “man down” was not identifiable in the photo.  Also the tog posted photos of his injury later so he was clearly not too bothered....

If a politician had fallen on his face outside Downing Street they'd have been all over him in a flash ... what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, or so I'd have thought  :)