Yesterday I found that the layout of AIM has changed so that the right hand column has dropped to the bottom of my screen so that it becomes impossible to work on the details while still seeing the image. I hoped it was just a temporary glitch, but today it's still the same.

Using Firefox 56.0.2 on Win 7.

It's difficult enough trying to hit the stars without this added layer of difficulty.

Alamy_SS.jpg

Enlarging the screen helps enormously in hitting the stars with a pen. In normal resolution this is almost impossible. I have like a 15% hit rate.

Also the tags want to merge much too quickly. Depending a bit on how many tags there are on a line and if there's some space left.

Anyway enlarging the screen is a nice workaround.

wim

Yes, clicking the stars is a real pain. Along with the painful caption entry, having to unclick every image you are working on before choosing another and non-editable text for the keywords. Its a shame that they settled for something so cumbersome after so much development.

1 hour ago, Jill Morgan said:

I find this happens if you have your screen enlarged over 100%.

Jill

I just looked and my screen is 90%. The dropped input bit wasn't 'dropped' like that on my screen until this week.

Maybe they could make it so that we could collapse the left hand 'my submissions' column if we wanted to do so?

4 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I just looked and my screen is 90%. The dropped input bit wasn't 'dropped' like that on my screen until this week.

Maybe they could make it so that we could collapse the left hand 'my submissions' column if we wanted to do so?

Mine does it at 90% too so you could just go back to 100%.

You can collapse the subs pane- click on the right-hand icon in the group of 4 on the top bar just to the left of "pseudonyms"- that cures it too.

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You can collapse the subs pane- click on the right-hand icon in the group of 4 on the top bar just to the left of "pseudonyms"- that cures it too.

Thanks for that! With the sub pane gone there is no scrolling needed at all to edit an image. FWIW I use a MacBook Air with the touchpad set to 'Tap' and find this an easy way to hit the stars as well as select/deselect images.

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Thanks, it works perfectly at 100% (and upwards), as does clicking that icon.

Any way of getting rid of the large congratulations message?! That would allow zooming in to ease clicking the stars and see the thum at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Thanks, it works perfectly at 100% (and upwards), as does clicking that icon.

Any way of getting rid of the large congratulations message?! That would allow zooming in to ease clicking the stars and see the thum at the same time.

Just click on ok.

Archived