I have recently created an enormous panorama of a wonderful England piece of landmark countryside. It consists of 34 full-size portrait stitched image- approx 1.6GB as a TIFF., 42,000 pixels wide. Would be great for exhibitions, large billboards etc. Nearly broke my Mac creating it!

Can I put this up on Alamy, at a reduced size, and explain in the caption that this much larger TIFF file exists? What is the maximum size or dimension that I can submit this as a JPEG to Alamy?

Any advice appreciated...

regards

Peter

13 minutes ago, vpics said:

I save all my images at level 10 in Photoshop. Would this reduce the size?

Yes. It would be a little over half the size.

My jpegs are under a tenth the size the Tiff would be (I use LR, so no Tiffs), but I downsize a bit, so it's hard to tell if OP's 1.6G would get under the 200 limit.

If he saved at 9 it might- I've just done a test and it seems acceptable.But don't quote me.

I export at 90% in LR.

15 minutes ago, vpics said:

I save all my images at level 10 in Photoshop. Would this reduce the size?

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Yes. It would be a little over half the size.

My jpegs are under a tenth the size the Tiff would be (I use LR, so no Tiffs), but I downsize a bit, so it's hard to tell if OP's 1.6G would get under the 200 limit.

It's the pixel dimensions (uncompressed file size in Alamyspeak) that is under consideration here so saving as a level 10 or whatever would have no effect. - it would decrease the file size on disk but would not alter the pixel dimensions. There certainly was a 200MB limit but I had one go through a while ago that was bigger than that which I forgot to downsize. The worst that happens is the image is rejected on upload, there is no QC fail so just try it and see what happens.

They must have changed the max size. This one passed QC mid August 2017. 29,075 X 5792 pixels. Tiff was 1.01 gig. The jpg , not downsized, at my normal high quality compression was 481.8 MB.

More information box was “A series of overlapping shots were taken with a very high resolution 50 megapixel camera and seamlessly blended together in photoshop to create a very high resolution very sharp photo”.

If I am in doubt about this kind of stuff, I just upload anyway.

toronto-skyline-cityscape-panorama-water

Archived