Greetings from the Adirondack Mountains

Dave Nelson

Hello.  I signed up and started submitting images early in September - so far getting 120 images for sale, with fortunately no rejections so far.

I am still trying to understand all the ins and outs of the captions and tags process, and with 140 some views with no zooms I'm not sure that I've got it right yet.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've been working on the fringes of photography since the late 1960's, sometimes for profit but mostly for fun.  I currently sell images on 3 other stock sites.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave

Nice images good captioning and keywording.

The only suggestion I would make is that because Alamy has a lot of British clients, keyword both the USA and British equivalents.

For instance a “truck” in the USA is sometimes called a “lorry” in the UK.

Spellings “colorful” in the USA “colourful” in the UK

I use the online dictionary/thesaurus that comes with the mac OS. It has the British/American equivalents

3 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

Hi Dave

Nice images good captioning and keywording.

The only suggestion I would make is that because Alamy has a lot of British clients, keyword both the USA and British equivalents.

For instance a “truck” in the USA is sometimes called a “lorry” in the UK.

Spellings “colorful” in the USA “colourful” in the UK

I use the online dictionary/thesaurus that comes with the mac OS. It has the British/American equivalents

Many thanks, Bill.  I'll go back and add some tags.  

Archived