Adobe ACR10 - problem with 'Sync Settings'

I have a problem with ACR 10 (Photoshop CC 2018) - could someone spare a minute or two to check if you get the same.  I don't know if it's a bug or I'm missing something.  This is what's happening...

I've opened two raw images in ACR, selected one and done the usual adjustments.  Then I've applied radial filters on two areas of the sky and reduced the exposure on these.  Then at the top of the Filmstrip I select 'all' then 'Sync Settings' and tick the 'Local Adjustments' box.

Now, when I select the second image and select the radial filter tool, as expected the white spots show up to indicate the centre of the radial filters.  Normally if you then hover over the white spot the area turns white to indicate that it's selected, but this doesn't happen.  If I click on the white spot it turns green to show that it's selected but nothing happens if I adjust any of the sliders.

If I select 'done' to close ACR and immediately reopen them again the radial filter points work as expected.

Thanks in advance.

Vincent I think this is a display bug. 

I have noticed a similar behavior when using the adjustment brush. The effect of the brush sometimes stops showing when I have a lot of brushes on one RAW image. That happens without using the sync setting.

Out of ACR and then back in again, fixes the problem all brush effects showing and working.

5 minutes ago, Bill Brooks said:

Vincent I think this is a display bug. 

I have noticed a similar behavior when using the adjustment brush. The effect of the brush sometimes stops showing when I have a lot of brushes on one RAW image. That happens without using the sync setting.

Out of ACR and then back in again, fixes the problem all brush effects showing and working.

I haven't used the 2018 version yet, just downloaded it the other day.

The adjustment brush is my favourite tool and would die without it.  So am I going to have to constantly go in and out of ACR?

It's the one tool that keeps me subscribed to ACR and PS. If I try out new software, it's the fist tool I check so see if they have.  Haven't found any other software that has that type of tool.

Jill

Archived