'Multiple Values' in caption field?

At the moment, I'm typing in various details of some recently approved photos. I had just finished completing two images and clicked on a third one. When I went back to the first two momentarily, the captions I had typed in were gone. And previously, I saved all the changes I made.  In the caption field, it said 'Multiple Values' for both images. Anyone else experience this bug? I thought I was going to have to retype the captions but when I clicked on the two images again, the captions had returned. Strange behaviour. 

This happens when you select a photo for editing without specifically deselecting the image or images you had been working on previously. AIM does not deselect photos automatically when you chose a new one. It is a ridiculous way of operating, but it is apparently by design.

Thanks Joseph. I did find out the hard way early on that previous images were not automatically deselected when selecting other photos. Though I didn't notice the 'multiple values' message until now. Yea I agree it's not the best system and makes the operator prone to errors. If someone wanted to have more than one photo selected (as in batch processing) - it would be good if we could hold down the Shift key to do so. 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Though I didn't notice the 'multiple values' message until now.

You only see that message if there are, in fact, multiple (i.e. different) captions for the images you've selected. If the captions are identical then that caption will be shown

km

3 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

You only see that message if there are, in fact, multiple (i.e. different) captions for the images you've selected. If the captions are identical then that caption will be shown

km

True, that.

5 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

You only see that message if there are, in fact, multiple (i.e. different) captions for the images you've selected. If the captions are identical then that caption will NOT be shown

km

Sorry Keith, just corrected your post.

John.

Archived