3 images not on sale?

Last night, I typed in the captions and keywords and other details for my three existing images. Eventually, the orange bar appeared on all of them with the words 'For sale.' This morning, when I checked my contributor dashboard, there's some text saying: "3 images not on sale." So currently, I'm not 100% sure if they're available for sale or not.

Are all three photos visible in my port? I'd assume that only photos for sale would be visible to others. 

The system updates once a day and your images should show up for sale when that happens.   Even though your images change to "for sale" once you add the caption and keywords, they don't appear until the daily update.

yes only images that are on sale will be visible to others

easiest way to check that your images are visible to others is to enter a search term that is fairly narrow but which you know will display your images - then search by "new" and your images should be in the first few - when they are on sale 

http://discussion.alamy.com/topic/8453-images-on-sale-but-caption-not-showing-in-aim/

See link i've put up on another thread. I captioned and tagged these images a couple of days ago so they have had time for the search engine to have been updated. They show for sale with the orange bar, but if you click on the image to edit it it says not on sale with the red bar. If you search by the Alamy ref no. they come up, but without a caption!

I don't know whether to redo the captions or not, I suppose I will have to if no caption is shown in a search.

John.

7 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Thankyou both of you. Looks like they're on sale now. 

Congratulations. I like your images and it looks like you understand how to caption and keyword.

Paulette

Stokie, that sounds like quite a bug. I hope that I don't have to search for every one of my images after uploading to see if the caption disappears. 

NYCat, thanks for the good words. I'm used to filling in such details on the microstock sites. Though now that I'm on Alamy, I find I have to think more in phrases when producing keywords. 

Edited by Patrick Cooper

• 2 years later...