Hi All

I was looking at calendars in a local book store when much to my surprise I spotted 3 of my images used. I purchased the calendar only to be informed by the shop owner that that was the last time he would be selling calendars from J Salmon as the were going out of business .

When I was near a computer (as measures won't work in iOS devices or at least none of the ones I have ) and no sales reported .

Should I or any others be worried about payment.

Regards

Jon

As far as closure is concerned, thats confirmed:

http://www.betterretailing.com/calendar-postcard-supplier-j-salmon-close/

If Alamy have no sales recorded, it begs the question as to where they got the images from.

If they have used  your images without your agreement then I would say you have  case against them. As to whether you feel it worth persuing thats a whole different matter. The phrase "good money after bad" comes to mind.

They appear to be choosing to close in an organised manner in which case you'd assume all debts would be paid. There are long delays for calendar sales to appear so it might be worth checking with CR that the purchases have been registered

Thanks Paul dare I ask which March/April.

This late reporting/payment needs tightening up on very slack business practice .

You have to pay for the calendars COD or within the month this is taking the ****

Still have DM from last November not paid

Hi Jon,

Well that's interesting. I queried this with Alamy about 3 months ago, after I went into my local bookstore and discovered that two of my images were in separate Salmon calendars. The response came that the client settles towards the end of each year. At the time I was a little surprised that there should be such a lag between contracting to take photographers' work and then paying for it. But hey ho I thought, as long as the money rolls in.....however your news would suggest that the situation is now rather uncertain. 

1 hour ago, Mike Brooks said:

Hi Jon,

Well that's interesting. I queried this with Alamy about 3 months ago, after I went into my local bookstore and discovered that two of my images were in separate Salmon calendars. The response came that the client settles towards the end of each year. At the time I was a little surprised that there should be such a lag between contracting to take photographers' work and then paying for it. But hey ho I thought, as long as the money rolls in.....however your news would suggest that the situation is now rather uncertain. 

Hi Mike 

This is of some concern especially as the calendar company concerned has ceased trading so waiting until next March to bill then seems to put it mildly stupid .

Jon

According to Alamy's published T&C's for buyers:

http://www.alamy.com/terms/uk.asp#Terms-of-payment

specfically Clause 6, sub-clause 6.1.3 would seem to have been triggered by Salmon's announcement. If this is true, then immediate payment would now be due under clause 6.2

Archived